Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blaaaaaaaaah

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey y'all, not been around much lately but could do with some opinions.

Anyway i'll cut this down as much as i can. Girl on my course, ive known for nearly 3 and half years now. We hit it off straight away when we first met, got on great and she was one of those people i could really easily chat to, but at that stage i knew she had a boyfriend so i never really went there. But over time we spoke more, and got to know each other and eventually we both came out that we liked each other etc etc she was in a bad relationship at the time and she confided in me about stuff and we got closer, but she was never really strong enough to leave this bloke so nothing came of it.

Things got a little bit weird at the time, cos we made feelings known and stuff but it was pretty clear nothing would happen, despite things very very nearly happening.

Anyway so last year and half we fell out big time, wont go into it - my fault mind. And we didnt really chat much at all during this time (was on placement at the time).

So we come back to uni in september, dont really chat much at first but in time she wants to talk more and we chat more and, it just all clicks again. Like it was before and i have to say i still really like her. Don't wanna sound all corny here but we both pretty much say that we cheer each other up/make each other laugh etc etc.

She's single now and what with being a good looking girl she's getting alot of attention from pretty pushy guys, which really pisses her off and all that.

To be quite honest i dont know where to go with it. We both finish uni in a month and abit and i'll be heading home. Dunno what to do about it all. I mean i dont wanna come across like one of these "arseholes" she always tells me about by blurting it all out again that i like her. I dont know what to think, especially after only recently becoming good mates again.

Shes back to confiding in me again about guys who are asking her out and stuff and to quite honest all that is fucking me off, i really dont wanna know all that stuff. But i know she's just telling me cos she wants someone to talk to about it, she sounds all confused at the minute as alot of guys are doing the whole "oh be my girlfriend" thing and she doesnt know what she wants to do and feels bad for turning them down so ends up going on dates with them.

I know she is free to see who she wants but you know how it is, you really like someone and this someone is telling you all about these other guys shes seen/ might see. Really gets to me.

Ahh i dont bloody know, i'm leaving soon and will be heading home but i really like her and we get on great but then i dont wanna come across as one of those arsehole guys BUT then im gonna be really fucked off if i find out i missed a chance with her. Gaaaaaaaaah.

Any opinions on what to do?

Comments

• Options
    I reckon you'd be kicking yourself for ages if you miss this chance, plus you'll be parting ways soon anyway, so worst case scenario, if she falls out with you it won't be uncomfortable for too long!

Don't be pushy, cause that obv doesn't work for her. Just tell her that you wanted to say that you really like her before it's too late. And that you don't want her to feel pressured or like she has to go out with you, just that you think she's pretty ace and you wanted her to know. Then see how she reacts.

Sounds like she thinks these guys are arses cause of the WAY they've told her they like her, not just cause they'd told her. So you won't just automatically get filed into the same category!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Kaff wrote: »

Don't be pushy, cause that obv doesn't work for her. Just tell her that you wanted to say that you really like her before it's too late. And that you don't want her to feel pressured or like she has to go out with you, just that you think she's pretty ace and you wanted her to know. Then see how she reacts.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Hey thanks for taking the time to reply :) yeah i guess you are right really. I've trying to back off a little the last few days, i dont think it does me any good to be hearing about dates shes been on and all that (i know shes out on one now).

Guess i'll tell just have to tell her somehow though at some point.

• Options
    Man up and do it, if you are going your seperate ways anyway, might as well take a gamble and go all in. What have you got to lose?