Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Any ideas guys....need ya'lls help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
sup?

Have you guys experienced that you memorize something for a test only to forget it two weeks later and have to re memorize for the final or midterm? I mean seriously though, sometimes I think whats the point in learning this material if I'm only going to forget it shortly afterwards...why go through all these various classes (besides the fact that they have to be taken to graduate :) )? Anyone found anything that can improve memory to such a degree that we memorize and then we easily retain without much effort? frankly, poor memory sucks....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    you have to learn a technique to get the stuff you're learning from your short term memory to your long term memory, I think it's called revision.
  • Options
    I have the same problem i dnt start revising til lik a few days before the exam because im nt going to remember it. I revise it and they break the paragraphs into bullet points so when i go in the exam il write down the bullet points and then the rest of it usually comes to me
  • Options
    I have quite a good memory and am quite interested in memory in general, and there are lots of things you can do to improve it.

I think in your case, remembering specific bits is all about short sharp revision sessions. This is because, if you imagine your brain is a series of points, and a memory in a way is the path between those points - every time you send a signal down a path the memory gets stronger.

Even if it's just putting it on your fridge door in the morning so you remember, you shouldn't have to learn the whole thing all over again. It's about accessing that memory that you have created, the more frequently you access it the better ingrained into your mind it becomes.

Getting a good routine of sleep and breakfast will really help though, and for late night sessions ensure you are feeling alert and awake as otherwise you won't absorb any information.