Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why are guys so insecure?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im not trying to be sexist or anything, i know girls are insecure too, but why are so many guys insecure ,when it comes to their girlfriends especially. i really want to know.

Comments

• Options
    Man are possessive of their belongings...

not to be sexist or anything.
  • Options
    Because girlfriends of a certain age seem intent on reading all sorts of things into trivial things for the purposes of drama.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Because girlfriends of a certain age seem intent on reading all sorts of things into trivial things for the purposes of drama.

alot of my friends come under this.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    i know i read into things a lot, but im only asking because the drama was created before i started thinking about it.
  • Options
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about generalities.

In your specific case, given the interaction between the rest of your school and your relationship, I'm not surprised he's insecure.
  • Options
    yea, i guess i was having a good covo about politics and stuff and he thought i was happier with the guy than him and got really upset. it just seemed weird how insecure he was acting..
  • Options
    I think everybody is insecure to oned egree or another. What do you think people spend so much time at the gym for or dressing up in new clothes?
  • Options
    im not trying to be sexist or anything, i know girls are insecure too, but why are so many guys insecure ,when it comes to their girlfriends especially.

Maybe for the same reason that many girls are insecure? It's just a part of how humans are.

Girls may be insecure about their breast or bum size. Guys might be insecure about their penis size.

Girls think many boys are cheating bastards - but many girls cheat themselves and cheat with guys whom they KNOW have girlfriends.

So it's all swings and round-a-bouts really. :)
  • Options
    Have you given him any cause to be insecure? If so, you can probably blame that. If not, how old are you? I remember when I was younger I was so testosterone-addled through puberty that there were points I wanted to climb inside the object of my affections, just to be closer to them. Perhaps he's suffering from the same type of infatuations? Young love; it's a curse and a blessing - sometimes people don't stop being that mental until well into their twenties, often never. I'm rambling now.

You could always ask him, and maybe throw a little reassurance his way?
  • Options
    I think its because there is a certain kudos attached to having a girlfriend and if she dumps a guy well that knocks his confidence and sometimes more importantly his standing amognst his mates, also its so much easier for girls to end one relationship and move into another as they often have a que of boys eager to step in, where as the lad has to find the courage and put up with the knock backs in his search for a new lady.
    Lads are under enourmous pressure these days the traditional role is being worn away and what is expected of them seems to change every other week so im not surprised there is a bit of insecurity in many lifes.
  • Options
    Why are women all so fucking mental? Not in the quirky, Tabasco-in-your-pint, frisbee-in-the-kitchen kind of way, I mean in the stark raving bonkers way? Someone please enlighten me.
  • Options
    Why are women all so fucking mental? Not in the quirky, Tabasco-in-your-pint, frisbee-in-the-kitchen kind of way, I mean in the stark raving bonkers way? Someone please enlighten me.
    I think it might just be you ;).
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    im not trying to be sexist or anything, i know girls are insecure too, but why are so many guys insecure ,when it comes to their girlfriends especially. i really want to know.

I guess you can only speak from your own experience and it sounds like you just happen to have come across a few guys who feel insecure. I know you say "I'm not trying to be sexist" and actually, I genuinely don't think you are being sexist. However, with this kind of topic it's better to talk about real anecdotal stories as everyone's reasons for being insecure will be different and so the kind of answers you're probably looking for will only come with evidence or examples that you're wondering about. :)
  • Options
    Is it more wrong for a man to be insecure about these things, than it is for a female?