Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Aaron Ramsey

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Put myself in the same situation as a socially construced re-prestentation of reality, or have my leg broken in reality?

There are plenty of tv shows where the main objective is to laugh at others' misfortunes, and plenty of tv shows where amazing weirdness of bodies is presented for the audience to be amazed and amused. Suggesting that enjoying such media is the same as finding it funny to have ones own leg broken suggests to me that, you don't know the difference between reality and not.
    ... But he REALLY did have his leg broken... and football isn't just a T.V. show... In fact, a lot of games aren't on T.V.
    It also is not a comedy, it's a sport. If someone broke my leg, I wouldn't laugh. And if I saw someones leg being broken, I wouldn't laugh.
    Xx
    Me laughing at a mediated, negated image of a broken leg, is not the same as laughing at somone who breaks their leg in reality.

And even if I were, never heard of schadenfreude?
    I sent a player off this week for shouting "break his leg" during a game.

I think it was meant as a joke, but no excuses.