Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Neice type situation...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Of no blood relative - I think I might have gone and done a shocker and fallen for my neice - she's my wife's brothers daughter - and 17 (I'm 32) - My relationship with my wife is totally shite right now, and the relationship I enjoy the most is with her - she's good fun. The thing is I reckon she feels the same way, but we cannot act on it - can we?
She's a Brazillian girl and totally stunning and cool - I'm not a sicko and know I should never ever do anything with her but what the F do i do?

Comments

• Options
    If your relationship with your wife is shite resolve that.

You're in this girl's parents' peer group, abusing that authority would be sick.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    If your relationship with your wife is shite resolve that.

You're in this girl's parents' peer group, abusing that authority would be sick.

I am trying on point 1 - it's not easy as I think she's not interested.

Yeah, as I said I'm not a sicko and would never abuse that authority as you put it. It's not easy though, she's got troubles and because of my relationship with her I am now used as a conduit for communication with her. I have to spend time with her, and want to for the better of the family unit. We all live together - the other thing is that I am not in the UK, there is a different set of rules here with regards to age differences - but that I guess is besides the point as I'll not act on this. I am taking her out tonight to speak about this family shite and I have to give her a hard time, that's the tricky part. I have to be a c**t to her and really find that hard. Man, it's a shocker.

:shocking:
  • Options
    In the long term it will cause more trouble than its worth, and I think you're feeling this way about her because your relationship with your wife is rocky and are now enjoy the attention from a young attractive girl. Resolve the issues with your wife first before you do anything else.

I have a friend in the same position as your neice and am just waiting for it to blow up in her face, its not gonna be pretty
  • Options
    I've no fundamental problem with the age difference - although it is big enough that I'd say the relationship has a rather slim chance of long term success, it is the familly dynamic that;s the problem - more so as you live together, and yet more so as you are the communication channel.

It's also possible she's manipulating you to make things easier for herself.

Probably the best way for you to resolve things is to separate from your wife - that gets you out of the tempting situation too.
  • Options
    This is just wrong on so many levels. If you really want to destroy your marriage and get off with some girl half your age, don't do it with THIS girl.
  • Options
    I've no fundamental problem with the age difference - although it is big enough that I'd say the relationship has a rather slim chance of long term success, it is the familly dynamic that;s the problem - more so as you live together, and yet more so as you are the communication channel.

It's also possible she's manipulating you to make things easier for herself.

Probably the best way for you to resolve things is to separate from your wife - that gets you out of the tempting situation too.

I think you're right, about all apart from the bit about me being manipulated - I genuinly don't think she has the capacity to do so. I can't separate from my wife either man, we have a little girl and I will not do that to her - she's done nothing wrong. She deserves to have two parents, no my wife and i need to grow up. I think.

Thanks for your responses all.
  • Options
    This is just wrong on so many levels. If you really want to destroy your marriage and get off with some girl half your age, don't do it with THIS girl.

You see I'm not about to do that either, I am not a sicko as I said above. But you're right, not this one. It is a mess though.
  • Options
    I can't separate from my wife either man, we have a little girl and I will not do that to her - she's done nothing wrong.

While having children gives you a very big reason to work to make your relationship work, it isn't a reason to stay together if you can't make it work - in fact the effect on the child is a very big reason for splitting up if you can't make it work
  • Options
    it wont work. Shes a fantasy escape for you for all your marital problems.
    Youd be abusing her. Not because of the age difference, but because youre her uncle and she should be safe to be herself with you, not have you seeing it all as a sexual come on.
  • Options
    ... she should be safe to be herself with you, not have you seeing it all as a sexual come on.

Actually, there is a slim possibility that it IS a sexual come on. Be careful. Are you sure this young woman isn't leading you on? My HALF-sister has a history of this type of behaviour with older married (or otherwise "attached") men. She does it for attention and when, on the odd occasion, the man actually makes a move, she'll run, leaving a trail of jealous women in her wake - including MY father's fiancée and my aunt! Classic cock-tease. Dangerous.
  • Options
    either way. Its still a really bad idea

you may not have the most wonderful marriage just at the moment, but do you really want to devastate your wife and her trust in men, and her relationship with her brother and niece forever more?
  • Options
    I agree with you all. I think maybe my feelings were getting screwed up, the girl in question is pretty screwed up, abandoned at birth, father is a coke addict, but she does have a big supportive family - but that other shit sticks. I think maybe i was mistaking compassion for passion - I don't want to f**k her and i wouldn't. I will persevere with my wife, there are other pressures which have affected her - a cancer thing she had been keeping quiet as she didn't want to add to my woes. So it's tough, but that's life right...
  • Options
    While having children gives you a very big reason to work to make your relationship work, it isn't a reason to stay together if you can't make it work - in fact the effect on the child is a very big reason for splitting up if you can't make it work

Yeah, man I agree. But we've done nothing that could affect my daughter's development, in fact she's a thriving bi-lingual 4 year old.
  • Options
    I agree with you all. I think maybe my feelings were getting screwed up, the girl in question is pretty screwed up, abandoned at birth, father is a coke addict ...

Interesting. My half-sister's father was gay (in an age where it was still illegal). He committed suicide when she was 5 years old. She is a bulimic anorexic and recovering alcoholic ...
  • Options
    I agree with you all. I think maybe my feelings were getting screwed up, the girl in question is pretty screwed up, abandoned at birth, father is a coke addict, but she does have a big supportive family - but that other shit sticks. I think maybe i was mistaking compassion for passion - I don't want to f**k her and i wouldn't. I will persevere with my wife, there are other pressures which have affected her - a cancer thing she had been keeping quiet as she didn't want to add to my woes. So it's tough, but that's life right...
    I think you hit the nail on the head. The fact that this girl has had it hard means it's even more important you don't abuse your responsibility with her. Just because she comes onto you, doesn't mean she really understands what would happen if she were to go through with it...
  • Options
    Going slightly off topic but I want to touch on what you said about staying with your wife for the sake of your child.

My parents divorved when I was 5 and I had to move over 300 miles away into a new life. It is the best thing that could have happened! Both parents remarried and I saw my dad regularly and spoke with him all the time on the phone. I would hate it if my parents had stayed together and lived miserable lives.

overthehill, I think committing suicide is a completly different issue, I think no matter what your age it would affect you to know that your parent has ended their own life. It is in a completely different league to your parents divorcing/seperating because the relationship isn't working.

And on the issue of your niece, although not related by blood she is still your niece and you shouldn't go there. The age gap, however, is less of an issue, but long term the relationship would never work.
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    overthehill, I think committing suicide is a completly different issue, I think no matter what your age it would affect you to know that your parent has ended their own life. It is in a completely different league to your parents divorcing/seperating because the relationship isn't working.

My comment was also slightly off topic. Nothing to do with the OP's marital situation. I was merely commenting that the niece, who the OP says is a bit screwed up, appears to be exhibiting a similar behaviour pattern to my equally screwed up sister. Sorry for any confusion.
  • Options
    My comment was also slightly off topic. Nothing to do with the OP's marital situation. I was merely commenting that the niece, who the OP says is a bit screwed up, appears to be exhibiting a similar behaviour pattern to my equally screwed up sister. Sorry for any confusion.

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread fully either TBH but now I see what you mean!
  • Options
    Interesting. My half-sister's father was gay (in an age where it was still illegal). He committed suicide when she was 5 years old. She is a bulimic anorexic and recovering alcoholic ...

Man - that's some sad shit right there. Terrible stuff that. I know someone who is in the same position, a 23 YO - she found her step Dad hanging one day after school - reason unconfirmed, I suspect it was due to abusing the kids and he couldn't handle it - ugly world.
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    Going slightly off topic but I want to touch on what you said about staying with your wife for the sake of your child.

My parents divorved when I was 5 and I had to move over 300 miles away into a new life. It is the best thing that could have happened! Both parents remarried and I saw my dad regularly and spoke with him all the time on the phone. I would hate it if my parents had stayed together and lived miserable lives.

And on the issue of your niece, although not related by blood she is still your niece and you shouldn't go there. The age gap, however, is less of an issue, but long term the relationship would never work.

That's nice, I'm glad it worked out for you. I take your point that it does not by default mean that my daughter would be screwed up - but this cancer cloud has made us closer - which is cool. She went out with some friends last night and had a great time, so tired she can hardly move today - I spent the night watching films with the kids, and the neice - was quite cool actually.

They say about her here (neice not wife) the Portuguese equivalent of "away with the fairies" they say - her bat misses the ball or something like that, but I think she's just got some issues with concerntration and motivation. I am trying to council her, it's a tough age for girls right? 17-18.