Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can I have these items as hand luggage?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm flying back from Europe later this month with hand luggage only...

Am I allowed to have on me
1) hand warmers (the type with the metal disc in you crack)- they are liquid when uncracked but will have been used so will be solid by the time I fly.
2) Tweezers
3) Solution in bottles less than 100ml (but not the orginal bottles) ie. shampoo in a travel bottle, contact lense solution in a travel bottle.

I am not sure!

Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not sure about the first few, but I know that for ANY liquids (including make up like mascara) they have to be put in a little plastic bag that they give you. And, I think it is under 100ml yes.
    Xx
    yeah, that's what I thought, but I just wasn't sure whether it was different rules if the bottle was just an unlabelled small bottle as opposed to the original bottle the item came in, which I can't take due to the size!
    I think you can, is it one of those see through ones? Because you can get those packs of see through travel bottles from boots etc. so you must be able to use those otherwise they wouldn't sell them.
    Xx
    as long as it's under 100ml it should be fine. you won't be allowed your tweezers but i'm not sure about the other item, it depends if it shows up as liquid on the scanner.
    having said that, it depends how vigilant the security staff are. some of them are really thorough and others don't take much notice of what is going on. but if you take anything sharp or any liquids over 100ml they should be taken off you.
    Ok, thanks guys.

I may not risk the handwarmers then, unless I can find out for sure, because I wouldn't want them taken off me!
    And my first aid kit is decreasing in size, no nail scissors, no tweezers, just plasters lol! hope I don't get a splinter!
    geneve wrote: »
    I got through 3 security points at 2 airports with about a litre of sun cream last year. :confused:

airport security is totally inconsistent. a few months ago i got through to my work (which is airside, so i have the ordeal of airport security every day) with a can of pop in my bag without realising and nothing was said, yet today they did a full search of me because my lip balm wasn't in a plastic bag. it really depends on which staff are there and whether you want to run the risk of losing something if they say it's not allowed, even though a lot of the time people get away with it.
    omg hi wrote: »
    airport security is totally inconsistent. a few months ago i got through to my work (which is airside, so i have the ordeal of airport security every day) with a can of pop in my bag without realising and nothing was said, yet today they did a full search of me because my lip balm wasn't in a plastic bag. it really depends on which staff are there and whether you want to run the risk of losing something if they say it's not allowed, even though a lot of the time people get away with it.

hmmm... sounds interesting!
    well I guess if I have space in my plastic bag I will take my handwarmers if not I shall leave them behind :)
    I so totally should have checked my bag into the hold...!
    Just remember, don't try anything with those tweezers. Man are they dangerous!
    I'm flying back from Europe later this month with hand luggage only...

Am I allowed to have on me
    1) hand warmer (the type with the metal disc in you crack)- they are liquid when uncracked but will have been used so will be solid by the time I fly.
    2) Tweezers
    3) Solution in bottles less than 100ml (but not the orginal bottles) ie. shampoo in a travel bottle, contact lense solution in a travel bottle.

I am not sure!

Thanks!

Hand Warmer is durable, convenient, and long lasting use. Prevent the arithritis,backache, headache, chilblain in winter. So in my opinion, the
    Hand Warmers is the best choice.
    stars1 wrote: »
    Hand Warmer is durable, convenient, and long lasting use. Prevent the arithritis,backache, headache, chilblain in winter. So in my opinion, the
    Hand Warmers is the best choice.

Think I have confused you, I am not trying to chose one! Just wondered whether each is acceptable as handluggage!
    FCUK it wrote: »
    Just remember, don't try anything with those tweezers. Man are they dangerous!

they certainly are!
    My eyebrows will be dangerous after over a week of growth! ha ha
    and I am then off straight home for the Easter hols, so my tweezers will still be 250 miles away! ewwww....!
    Well, if you can't take the tweezers, you shall HAVE to become an eyebrow monster...
    http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/2007-02-06.gif
    Xx