Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Live chat about self-harm, Thurs 4th March

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there :wave:

On Thursday 4th March from 7-8pm we’ll be joined by Karina & Hannes from 42nd Street.

They'll be here to answer your questions about anything that's bothering you, or you're curious about, related to mental health and specifically self-harm.

42nd Street is a mental health support organisation for young people based in Manchester, Salford and Trafford. They've been supporting young people who self harm for many years and have an on-going commitment to highlight the needs of young people who self-harm, challenging negative stereotypes and misinformation.

It's important to bear in mind that it's not possible for a chat like this to provide full one-to-one support for individual members - but we will be able to direct people to the best places for further help and offer advice and support.

Expert chats are also fully moderated so that all of your comments will run through myself or one of the other mods first. You'll see this makes the chatroom work a little differently to usual but hopefully it isn't too confusing. It helps us to make sure everyone's questions get answerd :)

Feel free to post questions here (or PM me) if you think you wont be able to come along, but do bear in mind that questions asked live will have to take priority.

Once we open chat you will be able to enter fomr the chat page.

Comments

• Options
    *bump*
  • Options
    this will be good considering theres so many of us lately :) x
  • Options
    yeah, i agree with Megan. everyone seems to be unhappy and struggling atm. :( so hopefully this will be beneficial to loads of us! :yes:
  • Options
    Okay, the chat room is open is people want to pop in ahead of us getting started :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot to everyone who asked questions and really sorry for those people who didn't get an answer.

Once again, the boards are here if people wish to post and we also have our question and answer service; askTheSite -
    http://www.thesite.org/community/askthesite

and you can see a number of mental health support helplines on the following page -
    http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/helplines
  • Options
    i fell asleep, shit i needed that :/
  • Options
    Jim, will you give us a shout when the transcript goes up in the archives? thank you!
  • Options
    Yep, I think even if people couldn't the questions and answers covered a lot of topics so hopefully people will find it useful :thumb:
  • Options
    woo, i cant believe i fell asleep and i woke up at 8, haha trust me!
  • Options
    Hey there :wave: the transcript is now up from last week's live chat.

Take a look in the chat archive :thumb: