Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Don't come so easily

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys

So some nice help here would be good.

I've only ever had two sexual partners really, and with my new one I take quite a long time to finish, whatever we do. I notice this with masturbation as well. (hard to finish less than 20 mins, occasionally goes so long that need to stop as it starts hurting her) I find I actually need to concentrate on it to finish rather than it just building up and happening naturally. Sometimes I get so exhausted from the physical exertion element I have to stop even though I want to carry on!

When receiving oral I can't finish and this is pretty much what in the past has got me off best (in one particular instance less than 30 seconds).

Between two sexual partners I had a 'lul' of about 2 years of relative inactivity!

With my previous sexual partner I didn't take very long (not normally longer than 5-10 minutes tbh).

I've been under a lot of stress recently and the doc is thinking of putting me on SSRIs which apparently make it all worse from what I've read!

I don't know whether I've just changed naturally as I'm older, or whether it's stress, or god forbid subconsciously it's something about the different sexual partner that's affecting me? I don't know really.

So, can anyone help with advice or experiences? :/

Comments

• Options
    Just spoke to a friend about it kinda (strange conversation, lol) and he thought it was unusual, especially since it takes me so long even when going solo. He didn't know what it might be, but we seemed to agree that stress could probably be affecting it.

My girlfriend doesn't notice and thinks its fantastic I can keep going for so long, but I've told her in the past I've not lasted this long and concerned it might be stress and she said not to worry lol.
  • Options
    I had a boyfriend who would never get an erection, unless he did it himself... you know?
    I'm sure everythings fine, everyones different I guess. And, it probably could be stress... but don't worry about it. As long as you're enjoying it.. it's all good ;)
    Xx
  • Options
    Hace to say i always find it hard to finish...no problem getting it up...just when the time comes to cum...i don't! Which is very annoying..
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    My girlfriend doesn't notice and thinks its fantastic I can keep going for so long, but I've told her in the past I've not lasted this long and concerned it might be stress and she said not to worry lol.

The problem will be when you go back to "normal" :p

I have no idea how to speed things up though.
  • Options
    Well I'm worried if I go on SSRIs to keep my mood up one of the side effects is that it can make it impossible to orgasm.

How are you supposed to be happy if you can't orgasm?? :p
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    How are you supposed to be happy if you can't orgasm?? :p

:chin: Haha
    Xx
  • Options
    I think of it as a cruise - I enjoy the journey, arriving can be a disappointment....

But it's only a potential side effect - so don't worry about it.
  • Options
    Yes, I agree with big gay. I remember my dad went on some medicane and it said it may cause breast development in men (and even though we said he REALLY wanted this to happen, god knows why) it didn't.
    In fact, he is on a lot of meds and I don't think (touch wood) he has experianced any side effects. It isn't definate that you will/wont.

But, you should just enjoy spending time with your girlfriend. Think of an orgasm as a bonus :p
    Xx
  • Options
    On balance, you're probably more likely to experience delayed/absent orgasms from depression than from SSRIs so, I wouldn't let that hold you back from trying them if you need to.
  • Options
    Hi man, you might want to check out Netdoctor article on Delayed Ejaculation - http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/sexlife/retardedejaculation.htm

Might be helpful man