Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Self harm and online support

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
See below for a student research request - very well written and thorough explanation so hopefully some of you can help her out. :thumb:

I am Alice Wilson a third year undergraduate Psychology student at Southampton Solent University, UK. I am requesting your participation in a study regarding self harm and the use of internet social support networks. The data collected from this study will be analyzed to see if there is a relationship between frequency of self-harm and the use of online self harm support networks, and whether relationships with parents and friends have an effect.

It is strongly recommended that anyone experiencing depressive or suicidal thoughts do not take part in this research. We also request that anyone under the age of 18 years should not take part in this study.
If you wish to find out more about the research and/or take part please click on the following link.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XQXTFJY

Many thanks
Alice

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I seem to have spent half of this year helping with dissertations and studies!
    Always eager to help though :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Done it :thumb: