Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Distance selling regulations, - HELP NEEDED

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys n girls, I've had a look around and I know what the distance selling regulation is all about, how it works etc and about the 7day cooling off period, I have a few specific questions about it and hope some legal minds would be able to help.. if possible, I will also check my law books at home and see if there is anything, and I need evidence of each if possible

1 - Does the DSR apply to items purchased or a contract agreeed where no money has exchanged hands straight away, IE they booked a hotel room but not paid yet as they pay on departure?

2 - Does the DSR apply to hotel bookings, I know it applys to prepackaged holidays booked over the phone or online. and I assume it does with Hotel bookings as well. For

example Someone phones to book a room, phones up 5days later to cancel but is within the hotels cancelation policy does the DSR take priority/president over the hotels own policy?

3 - Who is liable to enforce the policy, for example is it the guests responsability to mention it as they cancel to not be charged, or by actually charging within 7days are the sellers/hotel breaking the law (ie they should inform the guest they cannot charge or no cancelation charge will be made because of the DSR)

I am just wondering if anyone can help with this and possiby provide evidence of this if they can.

Cheers..

Comments