Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So, um...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...I think I'm heading into a bit of a meltdown. Aside from the doctor, who I do not have time to see and am not sleeping well enough to get an appointment with anyway, who can I talk to about that? Preferably without involving a phone call.

Kind of on the verge of a panic attack for no real reason right now. Everything is bubbling up inside my head and I feel like I'm going to explode some time soon.

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe fire off a ranty email to the Samaritans (jo@samaritans.org) or someone?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Uni tutor?

Anything at your union got a drop in session?

Welfare officer or caseworker at the union?

If its a uni health centre do they have drop in, or nurse appointments, I know you said couldn't get a doctors one but sometimes more achievable.

Uni counselling service?
    your friends?
    ;)
    Uni tutor?

Anything at your union got a drop in session?

Welfare officer or caseworker at the union?

If its a uni health centre do they have drop in, or nurse appointments, I know you said couldn't get a doctors one but sometimes more achievable.

Uni counselling service?
    I am going to see my uni tutor at some point anyway but I work on Mondays and guess when his office hours are?

I have him for one of my seminars (that I've not yet been to because my sleeping pattern is shot to hell and I'm barely waking up most days) so I'll email him maybe and ask if I can speak to him after the one on Thursday.
    Sorry to drag this up, but I didn't want to just start a new thread.

Anyway, I went to the doctor today after almost having a panic attack at work last night. It was alright. He asked me what I wanted him to do about it, and I was like, isn't that your job? But otherwise it was, you know...fine. He didn't do much except tell me to come back in two weeks. I don't really know what I can do now though. I'm going to the CAB at some point to talk about some of the things that are worrying me, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I am physically and mentally exhausted. I feel like I want to be signed off from work but I can't afford to do that. My body is just numb all over. I wake up in the morning and I can barely walk because I can't feel my legs. That sounds really stupid but it's just horrible.

Blah :(.
    :( I don't know what to say, but *hugs* :heart: and you know where i am if you want to talk :thumb:
    Exactly how I'm feeling Franki - I was thinking of phoning the doctors but scared they're just going to think I'm wasting their time. New to this area, so don't really know the docs here. Meh. Hope things get easier for you too chuck. xo
    Just selfharmed for the first time in a year and a half.

Fucking...fuck.

Bad fucking day. Just want everyone to fuck off and leave me alone for a while. Fuck you fuck you FUCK YOU.
    :heart:
    Hugs.

And more virtual hugs.

And try not to beat yourself up about the self harm, yes, it may have been 'sub optimal' but doesn't mean you're going to do this again.

I can't remember what you're into, but would going for a run, or walk somewhere with headphones help? If you want people to piss off that might get you some breathing space.

xx
    Hugs.

And more virtual hugs.

And try not to beat yourself up about the self harm, yes, it may have been 'sub optimal' but doesn't mean you're going to do this again.

I can't remember what you're into, but would going for a run, or walk somewhere with headphones help? If you want people to piss off that might get you some breathing space.

xx
    If I hadn't been up since 4am I would so do that.

I'm so shattered now though :(.
    Are you likely to sleep if you tried a nap?

I know when I have a wobble generally I won't sleep, so however knackered headphones on and out of the house for a bit is a good idea no matter how much I can't be arsed to move - I also go for an ice lolly so I have soemwhere to head for, but that ones probably just me!

(And I walk, never run, far too much effort when knackered!)
    I might do, but I'm trying to keep my sleeping pattern fairly normal. If I go for a nap now I won't sleep tonight.

Plus my feet are killing me because they got really hot today and when my feet get hot they swell up and...yeh. My manager when I left was all 'next time don't wear shoes that will make this happen rah rah I'm a pretentious arsehole' when I'd already told him twice that it was because my feet were too hot and had swelled up too much.

Fucking eugh.
    Check me out, bringing up old threads again ;).

Anyway, went to see my tutor today and talked to him about things. He was very understanding and has said that if I can get a letter from the doctor (am planning on going on Thursday) he can get the attendance penalty waived and an extension on the essay deadline on the 12th. I feel a lot better about it now :). He said that I need to impress upon the doctor how severely this is affecting my uni work, because it kind of felt like the doctor I saw last time didn't really have a clue.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Great news, good to hear your uni tutor is so understanding. :)