Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

CrAzY

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I actually feel like I am going crazy. I have not felt this bad for so long. I had to go for a walk earlier because I felt like I was going to explode otherwise. I want to go for another walk but it is dark and walking the streets isn't appealing. I like going to the parks and I can't in the dark.
Anyone suggest anything? :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there purpledhaze :wave:

Really good idea to take yourself off to the park like that - sounds like a very good tried and tested way to look after yourself.

I agree it can be harder to get space at night when you don't feel safe going outside. Is there a room you have where you can shut the world out? Maybe do some indoor exercise in?How about getting a bath if that's your sort of thing? Any friends you can talk to or hang out with?

Some ideas for looking after yourself here including stress busters.

Keep posting here if a rant helps!

Take care
    when you say you feel like youre going crazy what do you mean?
    I get feelings like you describe, but I have an anxiety disorder which im medicated for.
    Has something happened to make you feel this way?
    when you say you feel like youre going crazy what do you mean?
    I get feelings like you describe, but I have an anxiety disorder which im medicated for.
    Has something happened to make you feel this way?

I don't know :crying: I just feel stressed, angry, and annoyed. I think it's because I don't feel like I'm in control of anything right now. Everything gets put to me and has to be done, with a deadline to go with it. My social life has gone down the pan, and I have no time that I can find to sort it out. I just feel like I have lost control of everything.
    I don't even think that makes much sense tbh.
    Going for a walk is great if it helps you. Have you got any work out DVDs or anything? They might help when you can't go for a walk.
    Maybe, try and organize your life more? Plan the week ahead, and in that plan ring up a friend or two and invite them round? Or, when you are stressed, walk to their house?
    Sorry I couldn't help more,
    Xx
    ok, this is another ranty kind of post.

basically, I completely broke down yesterday in tears. (i also ended up in tears the night before too) I went and knocked on my housemates door, and just sat on his bed and cried and shock and just poured a lot of stuff out, whilst i got a hug. He knew (as far as I know!) nothing about what i was feeling before hand, so can only imagine this was a huge shock for him. but it felt so good to have someone there just listening with logical advice.
    he even made sure i got up for my lecture today which was really nice of him. but basically, nice as it is to get stuff out of my head and rant at someone, i'm worried my housemates will think i'm a nutcase now :(

if i'm breaking down should i go see a doctor? even though i get all panicky about going to doctors... what are they likely to say/do? I just know I can't go on like this...
    i think going to see a doctor might not be a bad idea.
    How long have you felt this way for?
    sorry I just had to chime in when you mentioned that you're worried that your housemates will think of you as a nutter. I've often felt this way about other people and something I was told that has stuck with me is to turn the tables. So, what would you think if your housemate was upset and cried in front of you? I dont think any good person would think badly of someone for going through a rough time.
    I guess when you phrase it like that clementine it doesn't sound as bad. If my housemate came to me I would want to help them :yes: so yeah I guess it's a good way at looking at it. It hasn't been mentioned any other time today, I can't decide if it's a good thing or not. I don't want it constantly talked about but equally I would like acknowledgement I suppose, and for them to ask me how I'm feeling or just give me a hug or something. I don't know!
    And SCC I have had depression for a while now, about five years at an estimate, but I haven't felt this bad for a long time. I guess the docs is a good step but I want to know what they are liable to ask me/do? Because I get panicky when I go even if it is just for simple things like vaccines or when I went for my hands. I go red and shaky and stuttery and it's horrid. :banghead: So I don't want to go if I can help it/haven't got any idea what to expect. If that makes sense?
    Thanks so far guys and girls :)
    :crying: :crying: :(:(

Hugs please?

And how do I stop feeling so numb and empty? :(
    Hey purpledhaze,

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time :heart:

I read that you're worried about going to see the doctor, this can feel scary particularly if it's something that bothers you usually.

A gp will usually ask you a series of questions so that they can get an idea of how you're feeling, based on your answers they'll try to offer you a support package to suit your needs.

Please consider making the step to access some help, you seem to want to make things better and sometimes we all need support.

Let us know how you're getting along,

dp