Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

vacuum cleaner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I desperately need a new vacuum cleaner but am shit about making purchasing decisions, any recommendations?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Henry!

We've got one and it seems to work well :-) but I guess most work well, all they need to do is suck up rubbish.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Henry!

Or, you could draw a face in sharpie on another hoover... not... that... I've... ever... done... this...

:hyper:
    Xx
    Argh, I should just buy one, any one but, I hate buying things where there are loads of different options. I guess I want one that's quite powerful, bagless and not upright, and cheap...
    We just got a Dyson Ball, but that fails 2 of your criteria.
    Mist wrote: »
    We just got a Dyson Ball, but that fails 2 of your criteria.

The guy in the commercials for Dyson vacuums over here makes me so mad that I would never buy one... if I were to ever spend $500 on a vacuum on the first place (and to think they still get more expensive from there!). He is so pretentious :p
    Not that I have anything usefull to add ;)
    I would say anything but a Dyson!
    I second a henry! Works better than a dyson and is alot lighter too.
    I love my Dyson02 (and not just because of all the purple), but they don't make them any more. (and changing the filters all the time is a PITA

They do say nothing sucks like a vax.
    I love my dyson ball! :heart:

Otherwise all i can add is that i used to have a black and decker and it was SHIT!
    arghhhhhhhh
    dyson :yes:

they are expensive but worth it.
    We have a Henry in halls. It's a PITA to wheel through doors; but is much better than an upright.

Can't remember what we have at home - the floors are now all lino type stuff and wood.
    Kat tbh it's just a hoover, just look at the ones that don't have horrific reviews and get the cheapest? You can get a henry for £100 from Tesco as a starting point.
    But, do I want to spend £100 on a vacuum cleaner, and if so, why not £200 or £300?

I will end up leaving it and leaving it until I see one on sale one day and buy it on impulse without any information...
    I love my dyson
    I got fed up of having a dirty floor and went and bought the cheapest one in my local homebase of Sunday, it's fine... £35...