Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Which city to go!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, my post has some parts about education and little more about work, so putting in work section.

My friend has got admission (in last session and he will jon this year) in queen mary uni and edinburgh uni, and we are discussing where he should go. Basically he has almost 4 year experience in his relevant field and most of jobs related to his field (IT) are found in london. Though he don't like queen mary because their program sucks, and love to attend Edinburgh uni because of their great CS program, but he is stuck in the middle. If he looks pragmatically its London where he has to be, because he will get the chance to meet people who can help in getting job, attend industry meetups and social life but he will miss the good education in edinburgh. Please help us make the decision and share what we dont know.

By the way he will be moving there from Pakistan.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    geneve wrote: »
    Landan! :yes:
    Why London?
  • Options
    no one can make the decision for him, but attending uni is just as much about what you want to experience, as what will be best for a career.
  • Options
    Edinburgh!!!!
    'Cos I was gonna go there and loved the city so beautiful. And the Scottish accent is divine....!
    Plus I wouldn't like to live in London, it's too big and yeah, it's nice to visit but couldn't live there.
  • Options
    I agree that london will have a larger IT Industry than Edinburgh, but do not forget that Edinburgh/Glasgow (they are reltively close) have quite a large field itself, and if a course is good often employers will try and scout people from the courses that Edinburgh uni has to offer,

I would say Edinburgh tbh, its the better course, yet you are not "limited" and to get into IT, in my opinion you do not have to be in london.
  • Options
    You might want to look at the ethnic mix of the cities too, to see where you'd be most comfortable.