Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

really scaring me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey
Right so um, this is really worrying me, I used to self harm and still get urges to, but does any one suffer from this....when they see others self harming they want to do it aswell? and i also have really dark thoughts which are just really freaky and well scary! I'm sometimes scared to be in my own head.....
please help :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heya,

Don't worry about still getting urges... I think a lot of people get them, and hopefully they'll lessen with time :)

As for the other thing... some people describe it as getting "triggered". Different things affect different people but from what I know... it tends to be things such as blood or or like you said.. seeing others self-harming. And so again... nothing to worry about, it isn't at all surprising you feel like that when confronted with those sort of situations.

However... noone should be harming themselves in front of you. Self-harm is a personal thing, and it is totally unfair on you if anybody is hurting themselves when you're around.... Is this the case?

Also are you talking to anybody about these thoughts you're having? It might be worth talking to your GP if you're not getting any help already.

Take care
    Hi
    thanks for replying so quick, no one is self harming infront of me, none of my friends do it thankfully but its like i watched a programme last night and one of the characters just had a major break down and it was just like watching myself a few years back and some people found her in the bathroom unconscious from self harming on her wrists and i just completely freaked out

i haven't spoken to anyone because i am too scared of the consequences, worse case scenario....i get sectioned :S and i can't get sectioned....
    Hey,
    Yeah I stopped self harming about a week ago after doing it for about 6 months. I get urges, and still feel the same way as I did when I self harmed. Its hard to fight, but people are helping me. Try to stay positive and think about positive things. I've been told to make a collage of what makes me happy and who I am. Its helping a bit. I also keep a book and write poems and songs and letters. They dont have to make sense its just a way of releasing your emotions in a different way. You could try those, or anything else to get your mind off of it.
    I think I watched the same programme as you and it made me cry too.
    As for the not wanting to see anyone for help i was exactly the same, I didnt want to go to someone incase they didnt understand me, or if they told my parents. I think its really good that you use this site though as there are people that are experiencing similar things and can give you help and advice. But its up to you if you want to go and see anyone

Hope that helps a little bit, and sorry if it didnt make sense im not very good with words. x
    i watched a programme last night and one of the characters just had a major break down and it was just like watching myself a few years back and some people found her in the bathroom unconscious from self harming on her wrists and i just completely freaked out

Was that Skins?? because I watched it and it made me almost cry and feel like absolute crap because of what it dealt with. It's subject was too close to home for my liking.
    Yeah thats the programme I thought it was, and yeah I feel the same as you, that its a bit too much like what I feel like. Hope your ok x
    Yeah thats the programme I thought it was, and yeah I feel the same as you, that its a bit too much like what I feel like. Hope your ok x

Yeah I'm ok, you? x
    Yes, i watched skins and i cried, it was to close to how i feel that i just cried. not nice. hope you okay x