Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ewww blisters!!!!!!

bit of a minging subject i'm afraid.

basically, my feet are a mess!

my job involves lots of lots of walking. i have worked out i walk 4/5 miles per hour and most of my shifts are 10 hours long so you can only imagine ;) anywayyyyy, i have to wear proper police work boots and they are ripping my feet apart! i don't think its the boots as they've been worn in now, i think its purely down to the fact i'm doing so much walking and i have to walk so bloody fast to cover such a large area.

i wear two pairs of thick mountain climbing socks but i'm STILL coming out in blisters. they aren't baby blisters either. they are big ones and i now constantly have them.

has anyone got any suggestions as to how i can sort the problem out? i can't change my boots and i can't change the amount of walking i'm doing.

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hello james :p long time no see!!!!
  • Options
    If you're wearing two pairs of thick socks in the boots then the boots are the wrong size and should be changed.

Only times you should be wearing two pairs of socks are walking socks, one thin liner pair and one standard walking socks pair.

So getting boots that fit would be a good start!

Moving on from that, don't wear two thick pairs of socks, they'll just eat up your feet. Two pairs can help, but make the ones next to your feet nice plain simple socks or liner socks. In addition to this you need to make sure that the boots are laced up correctly, snug but not excessively tight fit. Any movement of your feet within the boots will lead to rubbing and then blisters.

If you need a short term fix then blister plasters are very good for protecting the skin and allowing it to properly heal so you don't just keep going over old ones.
  • Options
    Another thing that might help with the fit if they're safety shoe type boots is insoles.
  • Options
    geneve - work don't provide me with boots. i have to get my own. i've got the same boots that everybody else has though. like i said, the boots are worn in now. i don't think its the boots. i think its all the walking.

scary monster - the boots aren't too big. they are a nice fit actually. the only reason i wear two pairs of socks is because i'm always so cold. if i didn't wear two pairs of socks, i'd freeze. my feet get cold with two pairs on! i'm working outdoors all the time so not wearing them isn't an option :(

i might try some of those plasters you suggested.
  • Options
    Until you can get away from two thick pairs of socks, you're unlikely to get rid of your blister problems completely.

Have you tried warming your legs up? That makes a big difference to how warm your feet are, thick leggings under trousers should help on that front.
  • Options
  • Options
    ok is it only blisters or is it blisters/itching/smell?