Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A little bit confused and alot frustrated

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, just joined the site after looking around for a little while and thought I'd ask you lovely people what you make of my current relationship situation.

I am 26 years old and my "partner" is 29. We met on an online dating site in October and hit it off really well. We visited each other regularly and are always in contact.

Over Christmas I stayed with her for a while and we really became mega close. But the last couple of weeks life has been hard for both of us since i lost my job and she is going through some personal problems. She tells me that she wants space from me and can't be in a relationship with me, so last Friday I agreed for her benefit to take a break.

Now we still talk online everyday and on the phone at least three times a week. We still say we love each other and tomorrow she is suppose to be coming to visit to watch some movies and just hang out together.

I think my biggest fear is that now she is single other men will move in on her. I feel as if she is just letting me down gently, although she says she sees us growing old together.

I love her to bits and really don't know what is going on. Should I just give her the space she wants and wait around for her to sort out her problems? Or should I move on with my life? I'm so frustrated that she won't let me help her as a couple.

Cheers,
Steve:wave:

Comments

• Options
    I would not worry TOO much about it. I think she took a break from relationship-responsibility all together, not from you, so I don't think she used it as an excuse to be with other people. Give her the time that she needs, because I think once she slowed down and realized how much you mean to her she will re-engage in the relationship. Just don't push or pester her, but maybe let her know that you are waiting for her and that it's tough for you to be in the middle of nowhere with your feelings.
  • Options
    I'd give her a bit more time.

Losing your job might well have damaged your self-confidence, and this might be why you're feeling so worried about this - if that's the case you might be being more demanding on her, without realising it.
  • Options
    That's great advice guys, thanks!

My heart kind of already knew that. But when you get family and friends putting doubts in your head, it all gets twisted up somewhere.

Thanks again

Mr.Steve
  • Options
    Mr.Steve wrote: »
    That's great advice guys, thanks!

My heart kind of already knew that. But when you get family and friends putting doubts in your head, it all gets twisted up somewhere.

Thanks again

Mr.Steve

I know excatly what you mean and how you feel, even though you shouldn't feel jealous/worried/paranoid you still do and the cycle makes it worse, I've been there and done that,

All I can say is best of luck and give her a bit of space etc, however since she is coming over to visit you, this is a good sign, she still seems to want to see you.
  • Options
    Yes I am very excited in seeing her and spending time together. All the problems seem to dissapear when we're face to face rather than being online.