Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

missed periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know this sounds weird but what do you do if you've missed a period and you're definitely not pregnant?

i didnt have one last month and its looking like not this month either, im usually pretty regular and it comes around the same date of every month so its very strange. i looked on the NHS website and it says dont bother going to the doctor until you've missed 3 (or something along those lines) so is it just normal to miss them sometimes? its just not normal for me and it feels weird. i had all the PMS symptoms and stomch ache etc but nada. do i just leave it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If it doesnt come next month then go to the docs but I'm sure its nothing, as you have had the usual signs of a period.

Have you been under any high stress lately? Lost or gained weight, anything?
    I have missed 2 current;y, however I have been to the doctors. I had blood tests 3 weeks ago to check my thyroid, hormones, anemia and pregnancy etc. All came back ok, told me i was midway through a cycle, still haven't come on though. So I'm going back on Monday, they've told me i may have to have an ultrasound or a check up which by that I think they mean a smear tbh
    no not really any stress, lost a bit of weight but only half a stone and because mainly because iv been going to the gym haha.

thanks dinted maybe i'll go then, i'll just give it a few more weeks.x
    Goging to the gym, and losing weight both cause physiological stress.
    have you been celibate?
    That could've been it if it was a stressful time, rowing alot etc
    Well I went back today, got told that it currently isn't worth doing any further investigations as I don't have any symptoms or test results to show I may have anything considerably wrong with me. They mentioned polycystic ovaries, which has been mentioned in the past. So for now I guess i'll enjoy the break?

I hope you got your period anywho!