Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First break up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was with him for 3 ahd a half years. He was my first boyfriend and first love. In the beginning everything was great, we connected since the day we met, we have so much in common and from day shared a laugh. It was instant compatibility and of course a lot of that is still there. The sex has always been amazing and it still is, well, was.

What failed was that he was jealous. And we were introduced by a mutual friend (a male friend). This friend and I had history, we had been friends with benefits before and I had given him a bj. Just once, and he didn't even erm, finish. I was 15 at that time, I had a huge crush on that guy, and I was horny. In other words, yes it was a huge mistake to make, but I was young and immature.

Everything went perfectly for six months until one day my ex boyfriend asked me about my history with said mutual friend of ours. I first panicked and lied and said nothing had ever happened, but immediately came to my senses, told him the truth and it wasn't pretty. Soon enough I stopped talking to that friend (or any guy who I had kissed in the past) and he started obsessing with the past and every detail. Asking question after question, getting angry hearing the information. Then after everything was out in the open, he started asking questions over and over again and even googleing me and him in order to find blog postings or whatever.

Even though that happened, we were fine, the sex was still awesome and improving and our basic compatibility was still rock solid. It was just that he had this issue with my past. If he hadn't been so ejalous now everything would be perfect. He has broken up with me before and obviously, he wanted me back, but now there's a difference: he no longer loves me. He says romantically he still likes me, and he still cares about me, but he's not in love anymore, he says his feelings have lost strength.

I'm at a loss and don't know what to do. Yesterday he was telling me how he wanted to make things work, how he wanted to fall back in love with me and be happy again. But something triggered his thing about my past and he got angry. Today he found out that my ex friend with benefits is friends with my sister on facebook (they know each other but they're not really friends). Because of that facebook thing (:banghead:) he now says it's definitely over and there's no way it'll ever work.

It's facebook, for crying out loud! :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't really offer much on advice but would just like to assure you that you have'nt done anything wrong!
    You're ex is the 1 with the problem about your past and is being totally outta order. It does'nt matter whats gone on in the past BEFORE him it's irrelavent,and if anything it should be you who wants to break upwith him over his totally unreasonable behaviour.
    From the sounds of it your ex is punishing you cause he cant handle knowing about your past even thou he is the 1 who asked for details.
    As difficult as it can be to hear about someone we love's past sexual encounters your ex's reaction is way overboard and if it was me it would set off alarm bells about how jelous and controlling he can be,and will be in the future!
    Anyways good luck.