Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mascara

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wonder what you guys think is the best mascara to get really long lashes i have tried one by L'oreal cant remeber the name and have just bought Max Factor Lash extension effect but i cant seem to get them as long as you see on the models especally the bottom ones, am i doing something wrong or do they just not work that well. If i put more on in layers i end up with horrible clumps.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Barry M FTW
    Xx
    Benefit in Plum...makes the colour of your eyes stand out and goes on really nicely, no clumps or anything!
    The models usually have lash inserts and the lashes are lengthened during post production so you might never get lashes to rival theirs.
    I quite like Gosh for mascara.
    My favourite is still the green Maybelline one. I've tried loads of others - cheap and expensive - and I just keep coming back to it. The waterproof one is clumpier though, which makes me sad, even though the normal one is very un-smudgy for non-waterproof!
    The one I'm using is actually £1 from Primark (Volume Boost in a black and white tube). I already have long lashes but they are blonde at the roots and ends and this one covers them up well and does last quite a while during the day.
    Whatever is on sale plus has a coupon that week. They all seem the same to me when I put them on!
    I use a make up forever one called smokey lash, that will give you the false eyelashes look but dont let it dry between layers
    i use max factor false lash effect mascara.

its great.

i've tried LOADS of mascaras (including seveal by MAC and the Benefit Bad Gal mascara) and this is by far the best one i've tried.
    lea_uk wrote:
    The models usually have lash inserts and the lashes are lengthened during post production so you might never get lashes to rival theirs.

This.

You will never get the lashes you see in adverts because of that tiny little smallprint, 'Filmed using lash inserts and enhanced in post-production' which means they can get away with lying through their teeth.

I use MAC Plushlash and I have been asked (on the street, by a charity girl, and by others) what mascara I use because it is amazing.

Saying that, I have longish lashes anyway. Plushlash is the only decent MAC mascara except for (unfortunately limited edition boo) Dazzlelash.

Also I have heard good things about Diorshow Blackout.
    diorshow is also good but im not a big fan of how dense the brush bristles are, i just can't seem to get the application right.