Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need help for a story!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For my assignment for my animation module we have to make a 1 to 3 minute short.

I'm gonna be used paper cut outs to make mine so its easy to move limbs and faces etc but i need a story!!

So far i have a character of a cute lil monster, he's round with stumpy legs, big eyes, cute smile and a tuft of hair who's scared of the dark. He lives in a bedroom and walks around seeing things he thinks are scary but actually normal, like tentacles for clothes etc.

But i need something to happen after and way to end it... any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had a second idea.... he lives on one side of a bedroom high up on a shelf and dreams of being able to play with his friends who live on the other side. One day he finally gets up the courage to go and cos he's tiny encounters all kinds of problem with all these human objects around the room..... ending?
    Ending for the second: He meets a human, who carries him accross the room, and they become friends ?
    Xx
    OOoooooh!

He's scared of the humans cos theyre big and loud and scary but when they help him, all is well :)

What can they help him with tho?
    The human could nearly step on him, then pick him up and carry him to comfy chair or something? Or give him a shoe box to live in?
    Xx
    But... what is the monster trying to get to?
    eerrrmm the bathroom? The kitchen?
    Xx
    Ooooooh! He sleeps on the top dusty shelf in an old sock which is battered and full of holes and wants to get across to the guys sock draw which looks all comfy cosy.

He has to get past all kinds of crap on the floor... mouldy plates, cereal bowls, maybe an old condom (this is a smelly guys room :p) and the guy who lives in the room sees him and he thinks he's going to die but then he helps him and gives him a nice comfy box and lots of socks to live in :)
    Yess!!! Love it.
    Xx
    Now to draw it!

I;m using stop motion with paper cut out so i'm gonna have the basic model of the monster and then several versions with different faces and detachable arms/legs/face so i can move it around.

1-3 mins, 25 frames per second... thats alot of frames!
    yeah 1500-4500 ...
    I thought most stop frame was done at 2, 3 or 5 frames/pose? so that's only 300 - 2250 poses...
    That would be way way too slow and jerky. Live action is 24 frames per second and some animation has been done at 12 but the more frames the more fluidity... or more opportunities to get it wrong i guess
    heehee, have fun with this! Sounds like a cute little story :)

My brother does stop motion (among other animation thingies) for a living and I can't understand how patient he is shooting those things. :crazyeyes