Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

£3.10p or £1.70p

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Car Park A. Just a shitty piece of badly tarmaced ground covered in rubbish. Shitty arrogant, cunty car park attendants. Uncovered, no security, no lighting.

Cark Park B. Clean, underground, well lit car park in a city centre with security regularly walking around.

One is Selly Oak Hospital, one is Selfridges car park in Brum city centre.

Can you guess which is which ?

ETA the prices are for 2 hours.

Comments

• Options
    Well erm the one in the city centre would be selfridges would it? :)
  • Options
    Oooh i dunno, knowing this country either of those car parks and prices could be for either the hospital or Selfridges.... although I'm gonna go for Car Park B - Selfridges
  • Options
    I'm agreeing with the above...
    The hospital car park near me if rank.
    Xx
  • Options
    My local general hospital charges an extortionate fare for car parking. I think it is wrong to take advantage of the needy, because people (either patients or visitors of patients) are more needy than people going shopping or eating out.
  • Options
    Car Park A - the hospital.

Some hospital trusts make around £1.5million in a year from parking charges :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Both sound reasonable, but Id go for the nice car park.
  • Options
    What great parking prices!! I've parked in somebodies yard for $15 and that was the best parking deal I've ever had :p
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    My local general hospital charges an extortionate fare for car parking. I think it is wrong to take advantage of the needy, because people (either patients or visitors of patients) are more needy than people going shopping or eating out.

They'd argue that it stops people using the car park when they aren't the needy. It stops the shoppers and commuters from using the car park as a cheap alterative to paying in a town car park.

If you reduced the cost of the example in the OP to £0, doesn't the crap car park suddenly become more attatractive?

Interestingly there is a consultation piece out from the Department of Health giving you the opportunity to comment on these charges. Be quick though, it closes in a week.
  • Options
    That's a good point MoK :-) Maybe the NHS can issue with refunds to geniune patients, in the same style that supermarkets issue out parking refunds to their own customers. Unless of course the NHS are stretched for money like the UK press makes it out to be.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    That's a good point MoK :-) Maybe the NHS can issue with refunds to geniune patients, in the same style that supermarkets issue out parking refunds to their own customers. Unless of course the NHS are stretched for money like the UK press makes it out to be.

You have to pay to park at a grocery store? Do they just reimburse you when you check out? Is it one of those rich folk's grocery stores :p
  • Options
    Yes, the shitty expensive one is the hospital one.

So far has cost me, as i'm going back to the HIV clinic, £3.10p to have a panic attack Thursday. £3.10p to have no blood took today and probably £3.10p Wednesday to have blood took. Nice

Charming conversation with attendant this morning.

Me - Do you know how i can claim car park charges back ?

Him - No

Me - OK. Well i don't know how long it's going to be until i see someone, if i've bought a ticket and it expires can i just 'top up' and buy another one ?

Him - You'll get a parking ticket.

Me - But how can i guess how long i'm going to be ?

Him - Not my fucking problem mate.

Me - Have you always been an arrogant cunt or did they train you after you got the job ?
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Yes, the shitty expensive one is the hospital one.

So far has cost me, as i'm going back to the HIV clinic, £3.10p to have a panic attack Thursday. £3.10p to have no blood took today and probably £3.10p Wednesday to have blood took. Nice

Charming conversation with attendant this morning.

Me - Do you know how i can claim car park charges back ?

Him - No

Me - OK. Well i don't know how long it's going to be until i see someone, if i've bought a ticket and it expires can i just 'top up' and buy another one ?

Him - You'll get a parking ticket.

Me - But how can i guess how long i'm going to be ?

Him - Not my fucking problem mate.

Me - Have you always been an arrogant cunt or did they train you after you got the job ?

no way, bloody cheeky swine!! selly oak is just down the road from me too!
  • Options
    selly oak hospital parking sucks.
  • Options
    Is getting a bus there cheaper? Or is walking an option?
  • Options
    Ask at the hospital reception if they do parking permits.
    When i used to take Chris to the oncology hospital in Bristol they did parking permits for those who were there more than once in the week. You had to go to reception and get a parking permit and then purchase the minimum parking ticket (£2.20) and attach that to it and you could park there for the week on that.
    Do they do anything similar by you?