Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

He cried in my arms :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night my boyfriend and I had an amazing night. I cooked tea and we fooled around in my room. We lay together watching TV and we both fell asleep. I woke to find the time at almost 11, when my boyfriend should have been heading home. I woke him up and tried to get him to move so we could go downstairs. He woke quick enough and seemed ok. I went to the bathroom and came back to find him sobbing in my room. I asked what was wrong but he just took my hand and hugged me. It kills me to see him cry like that. He kept saying over and over again that he didnt want to go. I told him just as many times that I never wanted him to go. I know this may seem quite cute that he didnt want to go. But it has never been like this in the past, ok its a stuggle to let each other go, but he NEVER cries in front of me. He always told me he had to be strong. It really upset me to have him holding onto me so tightly and shaking with tears. I want to ask him if everything is ok at home as his family often have disputes. But I'm scared. I love him so much and it honestly breaks my heart to see him cry. He is my world and I feel useless and that I cant help him :(

Comments

• Options
    I may have missed some of ur previous posts, but is he having troubles at home/work/college/whatever?
  • Options
    Fuck sakes, sounds like an over emotional twat.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I may have missed some of ur previous posts, but is he having troubles at home/work/college/whatever?

Yeah he has suffered from self harming etc in the past and his family situation isnt always the best.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

:grump:
  • Options
    Its ok AHL. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on here. I didnt take it to heart as I know that this is not the case.
  • Options
    try talking to him about it, see how he was feeling, what he was feeling, etc, and just generally be there for him
  • Options
    It's shit watching someone you care about like that, especially when you don't know exactly what's troubling them, but you definitely shouldn't feel useless.

Young men prone to depression can be particularly at risk cause there's this culture that they should be 'hard' and not emotional, so they bottle it all up. At the moment it's probably enough for him knowing that you care, and feeling safe with you. If he's not ready to talk about it, he's not ready. He might open up in time. I'd say you're doing something just by the act of being there.

I wouldn't push him to talk about anything he doesn't want to. Just let him know that you're there for him and that he doesn't need to hide anything from you and leave the rest to him :)
  • Options

or sounds like we don't know the whole story..muppet.

Anyway, it obviously sounds like somethings bothering him so like kaff said, dont pressure him into telling you and just let him know that you're there. further to that maybe invite him over more and stuff, take his mind off whatever's happening and in turn he might tell you. alternatively, he could just be feeling emotional. everyone has bad days/weeks and just need people like you to be there for him :)
  • Options
    Is this the first time he's fallen asleep with you?
  • Options

was there any need, seriously?

But its okay young and broken! talk to him about it, if there is some problems at home, it will help your boyfriend knowing he can talk to you and feel safe when hes with you. You dont have to respond with advice....i know when im feeling down about situations my boyfriend makes me feel so much better just listening to me, and telling me everything will be fine.
  • Options

:banghead:

Over emotional? Just because we have some cultural thing going on which somehow means men are supposed to keep better control of their emotions than women, maintaining the stiff upper lip, doesn’t mean its right. Correct me if I’m wrong, but maybe you wouldn’t have said this if we were talking about a women/girl. And even if that was the case, how was your comment helpful in ANY way?

Anyway… sorry young_and_broken. You sound like you’re doing a great job, and just being there would have helped. Also, I’m sure he cares a lot about you, but he might find it easier to talk to someone he doesn’t know, perhaps you could help by letting him know about organisations such as the Samaritans? Even if it just means dropping him an email with the number.

All the best, and remember to take care of yourself as well.
  • Options
    :D

I'm sure he's a nice lad really. :)
  • Options

Nice one, dick.
  • Options
    Awwww it sounds like he loves you a great deal, guys can be very insecure especally about their girls and its hard for them to show how they feel, the fact that he was able to react like this in front of you shows he has absoulute faith in you and feels comfy with you. I guess all you can do is reassure him that you love him and are there for him.
    Good luck to you both x
  • Options
    why exactly can't he stay at your place?
  • Options
    geneve wrote: »
    To me it sounds a little over-emotional.

What? He isn't allowed to miss his girlfriend? :rolleyes:
    Maybe they wont see each other the next day. I've just said goodbye to some friends, one of which I'll see tomorrow anyway, and I'm upset they have to go home.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies. He cant stay at mine because I've only turned 16 and my parents are quite strict with guys staying over, and I've never been allowed so far. Also, his parents are equally as strict on him. I will see him tomorrow at school and I will probably be able to judge how he is feeling by the way he acts. I'll always be there for him no matter what happens and I know he will be there for me too. In reply to an earlier post... no, we have fallen asleep lying together before.

I think I'll do as suggested and just let him know I'm there and always will be if he needs me. He is quite possibly the best thing to ever happen to me so his happiness means a lot to me.

He is an emotional guy as he likes to show his feelings, but I found out through a very close friend that my boyfriend doesnt like upsetting me by crying in front of me. This is why this thread was created as for him to cry, something must surely be wrong?
  • Options
    I havent heard from, seen or talked to him since that night so my apologies for being a tad worried about him. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    but he needs to man up! :thumb:

:rolleyes: Jesus...
    Is there something wrong with not wanting to leave your girlfriend?? Or are you just cold hearted?
    Xx
  • Options
    Like I said, I'll see him tomorrow and I dont have credit to phone him and his parents dont like people phoning the house as his dad works from home so uses the landline as his office phone.
  • Options
    Lol, no I'm not cold hearted, if there's something under lying then yes, I can understand a few man tears. But come on, a few hours of sleep won't hurt anyone, I might even say they could be good for you! He's not LEAVING his girlfriend, he's just going home to bed! :confused:

its not about falling asleep with his girlfriend, (if im not mistaken) shes already said there could be problems at home with his family, which can be really upsetting for some people
  • Options
    :rolleyes: Jesus...
    Is there something wrong with not wanting to leave your girlfriend?? Or are you just cold hearted?
    Xx

There are boundaries however. What is the next step? threaten to self-mutilate or jump off the roof if you make him leave? Being sad about it is one thing, being over the top emotional is another. If my g/f was sobbing, because it's time for me/her to leave it would stress me the fuck out.
  • Options
    That's what I said. :thumb:

did you? :confused: when?
  • Options
    ah okay! must of missed it
  • Options
    i dont understand why you didnt ask him what was wrong when he was crying...it would be the first thing i did and i'd be quite insistent until i found out what was wrong too! unless he really really didnt want to talk about it, in which case i'd probably understand but be sliiiightly offended considering i was his girlfriend and if you cant share your problems with them, who can you share them with.