Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Facebook question

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
When you send a message, I've noticed that it works more like a "thread" than an e-mail. Like, if the other person replies and you reply again and so on, all messages appear on the same page.

My question is this: If you send a message and the recipient deletes it, and then you go on to reply to it yourself, does this second message reach its destination, or does it simply not appear since the beginning of the "thread" was deleted?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think you can delete messages, I tried to delete one before someone saw it.... but I failed :(
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    There is a delete button in the page for each thread. I don't know if deleting one would delete it for both people or only one, but I suspect it's the latter.
    So if I send another message in the "thread" they've deleted but I haven't, will they see it?

EDIT:
    Hm, this seems to answer my question. They will see it then, good.
  • Options
    If the mail system is 'threaded', then it'll be like Gmail. If you delete the thread on your end, the recepient will still have your email in their inbox. You're merely deleting your outgoing emails (or FB mails in this case).
  • Options
    Why has nobody gotten around to having an oops I'm drunk and didn't mean to send it so if they havn't opened it yet, delete it option on emails and stuff.
  • Options
    Because people who were not drunk could use that to their advantage :P