Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

To all those who have been to US west coast..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello!!!

As some may know, im currently on a RTW trip, and have just landed in San Fransisco for the last leg of my journey before going home in march :crying:

Ive been in SF for the last 2 days and am LOVING it, and i plan to be here till saturday at the least. After that I have 10 days of travelling down the coast before i meet up with my friend in LA (and then on to Vegas for his birthday! YAY!)

Ive had a look online but at the moment ive not really come up with any definte ideas as to where I should go and what I should do during the 10 days i have before i meet him.

Has anyone been to the west coast before and recommend any nice places?
I am on a budget however as im saving my cash for vegas, so cant afford to do many tours and the like - im wanting to do a lot of walking and things that involve CHEAPNESS!! :D

any help would be appreciated, ta :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I know a mate loved it when see visited Alcatraz, not sure if you've time before you head on to LA though?
  • Options
    i went to alcatraz yesterday :) was really good!!
    got to meet one of the former prisoners too who showed a select group of us (including meee for some reason!! - probably because i was on my own.. ) around the cell block and where he slept etc :)
    well fun
  • Options
    oooh painted ladies. You have given me an idea for something to do today :)
    Thanks!!
    The sea lions are still there tho, yes!! Not as many as id imagine there are during the summer, but theres a good 30-40 of em all hanging out at pier 39 as they always have!
    Noisy things too!!
  • Options
    Go to Big Sur, Carmel and Santa Barbara - you could also consider going in land to the mountains to Lake Tahoe or Mammouth.