Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Just want to talk?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone want to talk in private mail about depression and stuff?
Feeling rather odd and lost atm =/. Feel like i shouldnt be struggling and i should be done with all this hurt by now, but im not. I want to stop self harm and other stuff for good, but then sometimes i dnt wnt to and i feel crazy. Help?
Any advice is welcome and appriciated
Thanks =/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Lemon,

I'm not sure if anyone PM'd you, so just wondered how you are now?

It's great that you want to make changes in your life, that's the first hurdle to get over - you have the will to stop and change. What makes you say that you should be done with all the hurt now? Have you set yourself a target for 'recovery'?

Do you have anyone that supports you - professionals, friends, family, mentors?

Take care and keep posting :)
    hey
    yeah one person did,
    thanks for caring
    I guess i mean i just wish i could be better all at once and tht everyone expects me to just get over it and i cant ):
    I have like dates that i know i need be "normal" and "healthy" for and im trying but its really hard
    My parents dont know, I have a church mentor and a councellor, but im not sure if the councelling is helping so i might stop. They help, and two of my best friends are supportive, but one of them doesnt really understand and the other one is in hospital at the moment.
    Thanks for replying
    xxxx
    Hey
    I know you can get through this, you are an amazing person. Everyone goes through hard times, ours is just now, you'll get through this and it will make you stronger as a person, and life will be amazing. If you ever wanna chat im here babe. x
    ):

thanks. just doesnt feel like it. ):
    Help

My Parents have seen it now,
    and i dnt know wht to do
    i feel like ive failed them so badly
    :(
    anyone know what i can do?
    I feel so bad :crying:
    You haven't failed them at all, maybe just explain to them whats going on?
    They said i havnt but i feel like i have
    i think my dads angry
    i just dont know how to cope
    i cant explain to them cus i cant explain to anyone :(
    just wish it would all go away
    Hi there Lemon :)

Sounds like you're feeling isolated at the moment and finding it difficult to believe your parents can understand where you're coming from. It can be really tiring keeping up a pretence that we're okay when we're not! And hard work trying to work out what's going on and how to change things too! I know I hate being stuck.

Is there anything you can do to take your mind off things? Perhaps something you do you enjoy - exercise, making music - what do you enjoy?

Keep posting - people here really know that everyone has difficult times and thats "normal" :wave:
    I might go on my dance mat if i am allowed =/
    It just seems so hard and i cnt get my mind of things
    Any ideas wht i can do?
    Have a look at some stress busting ideas to help you relax here

If anyone else has any good ideas let us know!

:wave:
    Thanks
    Im doing ok but its all urges, all the time, when is it gunna leave me alone?
    I just wish my parents understood, or didnt know at all
    Its like all i ever do is the wrong thing.
    Anyone got any tips?
    Thanks for everyone whos helped so far
    Its just so hard and i dnt know how to cope :(
    Is This Normal?

ive lost my appetite even more than normal since my parents found out and everythings been so crazy
    Those people on here who talk with me through mail will know wht my relationship with food is like anyway, but now i just dnt feel hungry at all
    Is this normal?
    PLEASE REPLY ASAP, just kinda need to know =S
    thanks
    If you are stressed its quite normal to loose your appetite for a bit. But make sure you eat :)
    Because I didn't think it'd be appropriate to create another Topic; I'd like to be able to talk to someone via a Private Message if at all possible. I'd just like someone to talk to me; whether or not it'll be able to help me is questionable but I'm frightened and unsure; and alone.

:frown:
    Ok, so it is normal!
    Everything feels so odd atm and im pretty lost tbh. I want it to all go away. And i always let people down. I never seem to sleep.
    It just hurts, it all hurts :(
    Know how you feel babe. Keep going though, it's possible to get through, just takes time and it's not easy. Writing stuff down sometimes helps...though i find music the best, playing it/listening to it...
    Here if you wanna talk:heart:
    xxx
    Thanks
    I like pretty much rely on my ipod at night tbh and I like writing stuff down sometimes but sometimes i find tht so hard to do
    Its just so hard ):
    Feel like im in a bit of a nightmare, dnt wna put specifics on here tbh but yeah :(
    *hugs*
    It's hard, but don't let yourself be put off by that, it won't last forever.
    And you're not alone:)
    xxx
    Thankyou
    Feels like forever tbh =/
    Just feel stuck here, alone, shaky, lightheaded, stupid and like i fail alll the time, hurting tbh
    Have you tried Samaritans? They're really helpful.
    Im too scared :(
    dont know what i would say =S
    Lemon wrote: »
    Im too scared :(
    dont know what i would say =S

Don't be scared, the samaritans are all volunteers who only want to help anyone in need. If you feel like you can't talk to someone over the phone, you can also email them: http://www.samaritans.org/ If you don't know what to say, maybe try writing it down first?

Hope you feel better soon.
    Wow. I didn't expect for people to write a Private Message to me; in fact I'm going to have to write a single Private Message to distributed via CC:, or BCC: dependent as to whether or not other people would like to know I'm communicating with; I realize it's a difficult subject to talk about; but if I'm able to help other people too, it'd make me happy. Thank you!

:blush::o:heart:
    Wow. I didn't expect for people to write a Private Message to me; in fact I'm going to have to write a single Private Message to distributed via CC:, or BCC: dependent as to whether or not other people would like to know I'm communicating with; I realize it's a difficult subject to talk about; but if I'm able to help other people too, it'd make me happy. Thank you!

Im grateful for your private mail, hope it all gets sorted and im here if you need to talk :heart:
    Don't be scared, the samaritans are all volunteers who only want to help anyone in need. If you feel like you can't talk to someone over the phone, you can also email them: http://www.samaritans.org/ If you don't know what to say, maybe try writing it down first?

Hope you feel better soon.

Maybe i will try it online, im really bad at talking on the phone and wouldnt it show up on the phone billy thing?
    Has anyone ever tried samaritans online or childline's messaging thing?
    If so did it help?
    Im still scared to but i might try it when ive worked up the courage
    thanks everyone
    ):

Everything hurts
    Feel really really low.
    Panic setting in.
    Temptation taking over.
    Eyes Prickled with tears.
    5.5 years, Will it ever go?
    I can understand what your all saying. I'm trying to quit cutting. I've quit for only a year and right now I'm twitching, I want just a taste, only a little. My mom threatened to throw me in a psych ward if she catches me again. I've been caught twice. So I cut my hips. but i feel so lost, alone and no one understands-my mom doesn't understand. She can't even shut up to let me talk. She won't,let me have a therapist and god...She cuts me off so much... I just want to get out of here, I can't take it anymore. I just...i need someone to talk to. I'm falling apart and under so much stress about college, I'm only in grade 10! I wanted to go on an exchange student program and my mom wouldn't let me go cuz she thought I was running away from my problems. I just want to get out of this dead end city for a while...I just want to be halfway across the world sleeping under a cherryblossom tree...that would be nice. Sorry for rambling...I'm really freaking right now. It's getting worse every day. My life's not that bad either...My mom is just not fair and won't hear my side of the story...
    Here to help and talk !
    Lemon wrote: »
    Anyone want to talk in private mail about depression and stuff?
    Feeling rather odd and lost atm =/. Feel like i shouldnt be struggling and i should be done with all this hurt by now, but im not. I want to stop self harm and other stuff for good, but then sometimes i dnt wnt to and i feel crazy. Help?
    Any advice is welcome and appriciated
    Thanks =/

Hello i do know how your feeling as i suffer from depression to . Are you having any coucelling or on meducation it can really help to see a gp who can give you theapy and meducation have you got anyone who you can talk to face to face such as a parent or even a teacher at school? Please email me again if you ever need to talk im here to help people i use childline as well and i help and support people on there to. Its good to know that you want to stop self harming to do this you need to go to your gp they can help you i self harm as well your not alone!
    Im always here if you want to send a private email!
    xxx
    I didn't think it'd be appropriate for me to create another Topic about the aforementioned subject; but I'd like to be able to talk to someone via a Private Message if it's at all possible. I've talked to various Samaritans volunteers today; SANELine etc. and it hasn't helped me.

:crying: