Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

precious

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone seen it yet?

probably wont see it until march when it comes to the campus cinema. just watched mark kermode's review of it. he thinks it's very hard to watch.

do i bring a hanky?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    haven't seen it yet..but i'm reading the book atm

haven't gotten very far yet but i thinkit'll be hanky worthy :)
  • Options
    It's almost unbearable to watch. Whilst Mo'Nique's performance is beyond anything most actors ever achieve it's almost impossible to bear experiencing it.

It's powerful, important, remarkable and confrontational - but it won't hold your hand through some of the greatest pain you'll see on screen. You'll need a box of tissues, not a hanky.
  • Options
    ok thanks for the fore warning, kermode did say it is very very good but very very horriffic.
  • Options
    I seriously want to see this film! Is it actually out in cinema? i have never seen an ad for it on tv
  • Options
    I would like to see it too.
    I looked on the cinema website and it only seemed to be showing at certain cinemas.
  • Options
    I imagine it may be on a relatively small art house release - I know it's showing at the independant cinema down the road but there may only be enough prints around to cover London right now.
  • Options
    I really want to see this, and I am a film crier *will take a box of tissues*

Oooooh it came out today. I'll go with my mate who works there = free.
  • Options
    Saw it. It wasn't as shocking/emotional as I thought it was going to be. I expected to cry a lot, but I didn't. Only in a couple of scenes. And I found the scene with the mum and Precious and the counselor ended quickly - like a scene was cut or something? And in the class - there was just a new classmate? Wtf?

It was good, but not entirely what I expected. Mo'Nique was great as the mum.