Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Live-in jobs in Scotland

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am sick to death working where I am now. Its pissing me off.

I'm now looking for a good job that has live-in accomodation in Scotland, somewhere in Argyll or further north.

The problem is that I don't know what I want to do, the only thing I can think of what I want to do is something to do with marine life, or land animals/birds. But of course I need experience to work with animals, but I can't get any experience if I don't work with them!

I would like an outdoor job, something where I am not sat at a computer all the time, as I will get bored easily.

Maybe a job on a yatch might be ok!

Does anyone know of any websites which might be worth looking at?

Comments

• Options
    I am sick to death working where I am now. Its pissing me off.

I'm now looking for a good job that has live-in accomodation in Scotland, somewhere in Argyll or further north.

The problem is that I don't know what I want to do, the only thing I can think of what I want to do is something to do with marine life, or land animals/birds. But of course I need experience to work with animals, but I can't get any experience if I don't work with them!

I would like an outdoor job, something where I am not sat at a computer all the time, as I will get bored easily.

Maybe a job on a yatch might be ok!

Does anyone know of any websites which might be worth looking at?

Jobs where I work (hotel trade) with live in accom www.auchranniejobs.co.uk
  • Options
    Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hi Mr Ferrari09,

What about looking at something like working for or volunteering for the Scottish Youth Hostel Association?

http://www.syha.org.uk/about_us/job_vacancies.aspx
    http://www.syha.org.uk/about_us/volunteer.aspx

Something like that could help build up the experience you need to get your ideal job.

Good luck,

Olly
  • Options
    Theres an animal rescue centre place in scotland, they take on volunteers. That way you will get some experience. They also have accommodation. Im not sure where abouts it is. If you are interested, PM me and I will find out the address and stuff.
  • Options
    Sorry but I'm not interested in volunteering. I need a proper job, like on-the-job training.