Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Your favourite Disney film? (non-CGI)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    Ah, I get it now. How lovely.

:)
    Yeah, Disney certainly used to limit the release of classic movies, though second hand sellers and online distribution has cut into the value in keeping the DVD's off the market - so things seem to be getting better. Least the bloody laserdiscs are finally affordable.

Anyway, onto the question.

I'm a huge Don Bluth fan so I'd go for his uncredited assistant director jobs, Sleeping Beauty and Sword in the Stone.
    Mr G - I like your long answer on page 2 about DVD prices. I always wondered what it was about prices, especially with Fantasia with it no longer being available. What you said though about all films only having limited availability does make Disney a bit more special. There is definitely the kids appeal but remember that we're mainly 16+ adults here, and it wasn't until I was 16 when I got into Disney myself. I blame Aladdin for that lol :-)
    Lion King.

I really don't like Dumbo.
    I cant believe no ones mentioned the classic that is hercules! I also love Mulan, Beauty and the Beast the list is pretty much goes on for forever, i love disney films even now im a grown up :)
    OH MY GOD HERCULES!

I lied, my number two is definitely Hercules.
    When I was new to Lilo & Stitch 2 years ago, I read somewhere on the net that there is a likeness connection between L & S, Mulan and the Emporer's New Groove. Now I've seen L & S / Mulan and I love them both, but not the New Groove yet. Does anyone understand the connection between the 3, or shall I just shut up and watch the New Groove? :-D
    top 3 disney
    1) the little mermaid
    2) alice in wonderland - for being surreal and the songs
    3) the lion king

but nothing beats stoppit and tidyup
    Monserrat wrote: »
    When I was new to Lilo & Stitch 2 years ago, I read somewhere on the net that there is a likeness connection between L & S, Mulan and the Emporer's New Groove. Now I've seen L & S / Mulan and I love them both, but not the New Groove yet. Does anyone understand the connection between the 3, or shall I just shut up and watch the New Groove? :-D

I've seen New Groove and Mulan but not Lilo and Stitch. The only thing I can think of is that theyre animated/drawn similarly but i dunno
    MrG wrote: »
    $14.99!

Seriously though, that story about your great uncle touched me. This is my random act of majorish kindness for the month. Dont know how long it should take to turn up or anything, but let me know when you get it.

That is one of the kindest things I have seen in a long time!
    I commend you Mr G! :)
    I <3 hercules! I've even got the soundtrack heh heh.
    ohhh and Fox and the Hound, was that Disney?
    Skakitty - yes, F & H was Disney.
    That is one of the kindest things I have seen in a long time!
    I commend you Mr G! :)

Its not that hard when you have the connections :)
    Cool runnings.
    mine are

1-Lion king
    2-aladin
    3-cindrella
    4-the road to eldorado
    5-spirit
    oopss forgot to read it was about diney ..

1-lion king
    2-aladin
    3-beauty and the beast
    4-cindrella
    5-mulan
    Slightly off-topic: I read the John Christopher trilogy "The Tripods" years ago, and today I finished watching the first series of the TV adaptation. When I looked it up on Wikipedia just now, it tells me that Disney have bought the rights to the Tripods and they are going to make their own version of it for 2012! Does anyone know anything about this, and whether it's going to be live action, 2D or CGI?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tripods
    Well it's under Touchstone at the moment, where it's been in development for a long time. I think it's been about 5 years since Disney first started to seem serious about the filming, they've owned the rights since I think 1995-ish?

As far as I know Alex Proyas (the bloke behind Dark City) is listed as developing the project, but then again he's supposedly been doing that since 2008. Who knows, it may happen though, pretty easy to get a giant Tripod or alien city looking impressive in 3D...
    Oh and given whose attached I think you're looking at a live action movie, not an animated one. I don't see any evidence of it going near their animation studios.
    With the Tripods, I think I would prefer to see it as a live action film. Or a series of 3, likewise with the books.
    Mine's Beauty and the Beast. I had it on video but now don't have a video player, and as everyone has said, you can't but it on DVD at the moment. How does it work though, will they rerelease it eventualy? And charge £30, which I will have to pay because I love it so much?
    The Lion King hands down wins.
    jamelia wrote: »
    Mine's Beauty and the Beast. I had it on video but now don't have a video player, and as everyone has said, you can't but it on DVD at the moment. How does it work though, will they rerelease it eventualy? And charge £30, which I will have to pay because I love it so much?

Best bet is to buy a 2nd-hand VHS player - I got one for £20, then buy a SCART-to-USB link-up for your PC. This cable (with its own software) will allow you to play video tapes on your computer. You can also record to hard disk via the software then burn it onto DVD discs.
    Alice in Wonderland! Can't wait for Tim Burton's upcoming film!

New soundtrack coming out in March!

I don't think all the songs are out yet, but I know 3OH!3 and Avril Lavigne have released their singles.
    Anybody else excited?
    affiliate link detected fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Jungle book! (thats Disney right?)
    Lion king
    Beauty and the beast
    mulan
    Alice in wonderland
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Best bet is to buy a 2nd-hand VHS player - I got one for £20, then buy a SCART-to-USB link-up for your PC. This cable (with its own software) will allow you to play video tapes on your computer. You can also record to hard disk via the software then burn it onto DVD discs.

Ooooh thats clever, think i'll do that!!
    a scart to USB link up... good idea.
    hmm tough choice :p

mine would be:

fantasia (the original one, not the stupid 2000 one)
    the black cauldron
    mulan
    the rescuers
    the little mermaid
    I really love Tarzan. That's in my top 5 actually.