Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite Radio Channel

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I didn't want to spoil Hellfire's thread by me saying that don't own a TV and never had done since 1998, so I'll start the ball rolling with radio stations :-D

Here, it's Signal One for me.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Radio four all the way !!
    Xx
    Radio 2 or Rockabilly Radio (online)
    Radio1 especially Scott mills because Becky always makes me laugh
    Radio1 especially Scott mills because Becky always makes me laugh

snap!! i only listen to it when she's there..and i do love the surgery.

but i grew up with radio four on constantly, like literally all the time, so now i find a lot of the presenters really comforting if i'm feeling at all down or homesick :)
    Radio 1...especially Scott Mills or xfm :)
    Radio Borders all the way!! :D ha x

Not radio Boredom! :p
    I've not had a TV for over 15 years, (and the TV license people are doing their best to harass me about it)

The first thing I do with a radio is make sure it gets Radio 4. Then Radio 7 then Radio 2
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I've not had a TV for over 15 years, (and the TV license people are doing their best to harass me about it)

wow, thats quite an achievement!
    I love idobi radio (on itunes) only downside is it is American, so now most of my taste in music is american :(
    Moyles in the morning, fivelive (aka Bloke FM) for the rest of the day - especially Wittertainment on Friday PM...
    Radio City 96.7 :thumb:
    Radio 4 for a bit of intellectual stimulation and Jazz.fm for just chilling out after a hard day!
    Big Gay wrote: »

I'm almost in your league there - no TV since mid 1998, so that's 11½ years.
    MoK wrote: »
    Moyles in the morning, fivelive (aka Bloke FM) for the rest of the day - especially Wittertainment on Friday PM...

noooo how can you stand him?? (moyles)

i want to find a pirate radio station like in the boat that rocked :blush:
    Theres a really good French radio station that I like as well as radio four. Don't know what it's called though
    Xx
    Radio Cumbria for me, they are the stupidest radio station on the planet!

At 9am one day i woke up and they were talking about the feathers on an Owl's wings, and the guy is like "oh thats lovely!" "and if you look here you can see the dorsal feathers" "wow they are really long!" and this was on the RADIO so i couldnt actually see this :banghead:

The next day they did Yoga positions without explaining the positions to anyone.
    From then on i was hooked at the stupidity of this station and listen to it every morning :heart:
    noooo how can you stand him?? (moyles)

He amuses me. Sorry ;)

He's very good at what he does and really understands his business and his audience. Occasionally it's a bit shit and occasionally I swicth over but it's nice to have something light to listen to at that time in the morning...
    Viking Radio
    FM 96.9
    radioaliania 4
    absolute radio! was virgin radio till september 2008. christian o'connell in morning, geoff lloyd at drivetime, frank skinner on a saturday morning, dave gorman on a sunday morning :D all fantastic. i'm big fan of geoff lloyd in particular. i used to listen to things like 'the now show' on radio 4 when i was 14 or 15 but i don't really find that stuff interesting anymore :(
    Does anyone listen to fags mags and bags? On radio four? (last in the series this week) I love IT! This is defo the best series so far.
    Xx