Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wrong thing delivered

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So....

Last week I bought a dress from ASOS for my friend's wedding. Yesterday it arrived and its completely different to what I ordered.... wrong size / colour / style.. oh and its from the maternity range. :eek:

Anyways so I emailed them and they said this:
With the information you have provided, we kindly request that you return this item to us so we can refund you as your item is not available.

You can print a freepost label by clicking here, which means it won't cost you anything to send the item back to us, please print the label and stick it on the front of your parcel. It’s also important that you get proof of posting from your Post Office when you send it back, so if it goes missing in the mail you can prove you sent it. Please send the parcel back within 14 days.

Once your parcel has arrived and we have inspected the item we will contact you as soon as possible to advise further.

Ergh a load of hassle... and I won't even get the dress I orginally ordered because its out of stock :banghead: I've used ASOS before and they've been fine but this is annoying... I bet they just hoped that somehow I wouldn't notice / bother to send it back. Luckily the wedding isn't soon, but still means I have to go and find something else to wear. But can't even do that yet as I have no money until I get the refund grrrrr. ..... rant over :p

Anyway, the point of my post... should I expect to get the original cost of delivery refunded?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Anyway, the point of my post... should I expect to get the original cost of delivery refunded?

I wouldn't count on it. I ordered a Nintendo Wii from Argos a couple of years ago at xmas time when they were really hard to get hold of. I paid almost £8 to have it delievered on a saturday and it got delivered at 2:55 (3 being the latest time they would deliver) and then the ruddy thing didn't work! I was soooooooooo annoyed. Anyway I phoned Argos and they said all they could do was collect it in the week and then refund me- I was like there is no way I am taking a day off work for someone to come and collect it and I want a Nintendo Wii now etc, anyways in the end I drove to my nearest Argos and some guy in there said they had one out back which was reserved for someone but he felt sorry for me so sold it to me! Anyways it was a different bundle so he refunded me the difference and I asked about the delivery fee being refunded and he said he couldn't do that. As far as I know they only usually refund the package when you are having to return it due to a fault etc.

Sorry but Fruit loop is wrong,

They will have to refund the cost of postage as they sent the wrong item, regardless of whether they posted it or not. you can demand your postage back and they are obliged to give it back.
    Different I know but: I've had delivery problems with ASOS where my item took nearly a month to arrive. I asked if I would be refunded the delivery as it wasn't delivered in the specified time frame and they did refund me. So they must refund you if they've sent out the wrong item!!