Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Glenmorangie Single Malt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

Any Scotch Drinkers out there? I'm in two worlds with regard to this particular scotch whisky.

I'll admit I'm not too experienced with regard to scotch, as I've only tried about 10-12 different types - so what would you say about this particular one?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tend to prefer something a bit more peaty like Laphroig or Talisker, but Glenmorangie is not bad. I'm off to the Isle of Skye in a couple of weeks, so will definitely be visiting Talisker when I'm there.
    It's good gear in my book Steve.
    I have three bottles on the shelf from xmas presents but ...I have aquired a taste for Irish ...Jamesons in fact.
    aT THE MOMENT IT'S MY FAVOURITE AND HAS BEEN FOR A FEW YEARS ...i JUST KEEP GOING BACK TO IT OoOPs caps.
    Unfortunately it's now owned by the French would you believe!!!!!!!!!
    best off the shelf whiskey is glenfiddich

glenfiddich.jpg

i could drink that stuff all day long!
    *barfs*
    katralla wrote: »
    *barfs*

It's the hairs on your chest bit thats worrying you innit.
    and the barf
    katralla wrote: »
    and the barf

Just lower the standards of who you'll drink with and you'll be fine.
    Just lower the standards of who you'll drink with and you'll be fine.

:S - I am under the impression that single malt scotch whisky is the epithet of true man's drink...
    All about Talisker.

This should be in Food and Drink not drugs btw
    z0ma wrote: »
    All about Talisker.

No, even as a (under arbitrary generic distinctions) burgeoning alcoholic, Alcohol is clealry a drug however normalised it may be.
    No, even as a (under arbitrary generic distinctions) burgeoning alcoholic, Alcohol is clealry a drug however normalised it may be.

Yeah, you're asking about the taste of a particular brand though not which is the best to get paraletic. I'm well aware alcohol is a drug but this should be in f&d
    z0ma wrote: »
    All about Talisker.

Stoppit Xooma.
    You know damned well it belongs in here ...in the class A section if were being honest.
    If we're going to have this stupid classification it belongs up their on the A shelf.
    Stoppit Xooma.
    You know damned well it belongs in here ...in the class A section if were being honest.
    If we're going to have this stupid classification it belongs up their on the A shelf.

I'll be honest, if weed we're legal - I'd use that over alcohol - less social issues to be tarred with, apparently more of a high and a damn sight better life expectancy.
    Yeah, you're asking about the taste of a particular brand though not which is the best to get paraletic. I'm well aware alcohol is a drug but this should be in f&d

Yet if one chooses, you CAN get pareletic on scotch whisky - point is, any form of alcohol is a drug wether its "Blue WKD" or "Johnnie Walker Blue Label" - one and the same, beyond subjective interpretations of "taste" and "value".

"(8) So it seems between death and glory. (8)"
    I am not one of the biggest whiskey drinkers but my father in law swears by Geln Morangie, it is his personal favourite,

out of curiosity anyone on here tried any of the Arran single malts, they also do different casks.

http://www.arranwhisky.com/
    However the 10year is nicer than the 12year imo..
    I grew up hating whiskey, as i grew older and more stupid i started liking the stuff, so much to the extent it was one of my favourites, i think it was the pre hate i had for whiskey that made me like it.. now... i'm not a fan of alcohol, and imagine i will only be drinking on rare occasions if at all from now... i'm undergoing my own detox from everthing i consider bad in my life...

Here's to healthy living!
    i'm undergoing my own detox from everthing i consider bad in my life...

Here's to healthy living!

So much for "badboyforlife"

:chin: :yum:
    We ain't, go-ing no where....