Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ginger Hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay Erm
Im Dying my hair soon just because i want a change not because i dont like my natrual colour so please dont any one saying dont dye it, ginger is gorgeous because i know it is just want a new look sort of thing
anyway i know what colour im dying it but i dont know what brand to use
because ginger hair doesnt take to dye as much as other colour hair and if it dyes it washes out within a week even permant dye
i know this because my mate dyed hers and has to dye it like each week to keep the colour
so any really good brands you guys recommend for ginger hair ??
Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would say, go to a salon.
    I keep wanting to go to a salon and getting my hair done to look like Annie Lennox.

But to answer your question... I haven't a clue.
    Could you not bleach it first? Or does that only work for brown hair?
    I am natrually very dark blonde/light brown but dye it every couple of weeks. XXL stays in better than any other dye I've used, but I'd say go to the hair dresses if you aren't sure.
    Xx
    bleach doesn't work very well on ginger hair, and the hair structure makes it far more resistant to taking up dye.
    I Reallyy Dont Wanna Bleach It :\
    And Salon Well To Expensive I Know I Sound Like a Cheapy But
    Need Money For More Important Things
    But Thanks for Your Imput Guys
    Anyone Else Know Any DecentBrands ??
    Next time you're getting your hair cut or whatever... ask your hairdresser.. they're gonna be the ones who know the most about hair.
    Although they might not be able to recommend off the shelf stuff - profession dyes (at least used to be) are quite a bit different
    Okay Erm
    Im Dying my hair soon just because i want a change not because i dont like my natrual colour so please dont any one saying dont dye it, ginger is gorgeous because i know it is just want a new look sort of thing
    anyway i know what colour im dying it but i dont know what brand to use
    because ginger hair doesnt take to dye as much as other colour hair and if it dyes it washes out within a week even permant dye
    i know this because my mate dyed hers and has to dye it like each week to keep the colour
    so any really good brands you guys recommend for ginger hair ??
    Thanks

Why not use your ginger hair as the base colour for making a change?

For instance, lowlights or highlights or whatever can look very good on red hair. Ask your hairdresser for advice.

The problem with changing your hair colour completely is that you have to consider your skin tone. Red haired people tend to have a particular paler tone and you don't want to come away looking anaemic. Red is lovely. Use it to your advantage. :)