Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Being used by my best mate?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so a few months ago my best mate was in a relationship and I rarely heard from him and when I ever tried to contact him he said he was pretty much busy all the time with his girl friend.

Then he broke up with her and I've seen him pretty much every week since then.

Now hes met another girl and hes already canceled plans with me because of her and I just get the feeling that I am a back up plan for him should he ever need it and its pissing me off.

What should I do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mylo_B wrote: »
    Ok so a few months ago my best mate was in a relationship and I rarely heard from him and when I ever tried to contact him he said he was pretty much busy all the time with his girl friend.

Then he broke up with her and I've seen him pretty much every week since then.

Now hes met another girl and hes already canceled plans with me because of her and I just get the feeling that I am a back up plan for him should he ever need it and its pissing me off.

What should I do?

Sorry to ask are you a boy or a girl?

Some people are just flakey but it is unfair of him to keep doing it. You could speak to him about it but if you are male I know things like this don't always go down well?

Tbh I would just stop bothering, focus on other friends who aren't in relationships or who just don't stitch.
    Lol yeah I am a guy.

It would be hard for me to just forget him because he is pretty much my best mate.
    Lol yeah I am a guy.

It would be hard for me to just forget him because he is pretty much my best mate.

Lol ok sorry just had to ask.

What do you think he would say if you told him how much this was pissing you off?
    Lol ok sorry just had to ask.

What do you think he would say if you told him how much this was pissing you off?

He would be ok with it actually.
    thats whats stopping me asking.

Lol funny isnt it.

We have been thick as thieves for years. Never once fallen out.
    And that's why its hard for me to confront the situation.
    He would be ok with it actually.
    thats whats stopping me asking.

Lol funny isnt it.

We have been thick as thieves for years. Never once fallen out.
    And that's why its hard for me to confront the situation.

If you're really close say something.

If he's usually the one suggesting things next time he does just be like you're not going to stitch me this time are you?

Or couldn't you get him to set you up with one of her friends? Not necessarily so you get a relationship out of it but you would then be including yourself and getting to know her incase she's sticking around.
    I dont have the greatest confidence with women.
    Whis is apparently my big downfall lol.