Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Basic Potato Salad recipe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I loove potato salald and would love to make it at home but cannot for the life of me find a simple, basic recipe.

Is just potato and mayonnaise enough or does anyone have another simple recipe? Nothing too extravagant as I am a mere poor student

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    this looks pretty basic, with only a few ingredients. I would leave out the mushrooms personally http://www.recipe-ideas.co.uk/recipes-1/Basic%20Potato%20Salad.htm
    Yea I looked at that one but still seems a bit much for me, do you think it would work with just the onions?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Boil potatoes. Add chopped spring onion, small bit of crushed garlic, black pepper and salt and REAL mayo.

Best simple potato salad there is.
    Weekender Offender 
    It's gotta have chives :thumb:
    I really like using new potatoes cut into halves, then just covered in a good mayo and chopped up chives. Delicious :)
    Boiled potatoes, pref new potatoes but the old ones are fine. New have a nicer taste i think.

Mix with mayo, bit of white pepper, chopped spring onions. Taste, then add salt if you think it needs it. Mayo can be very salty. Pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours to get the full flavour of the onions. Sprinkle of chives just before serving.

Or try -

Chopped, fresh mint instead of chives.

A dollop of curry paste. PASTE not powder, unless you fry off the powder yourself.

Some crushed chillis or cayene pepper to give it a kick.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Some crushed chillis or cayene pepper to give it a kick.
    :yes: paprika
    German potato salad is awesome - I think they use mustard.
    Potatoes, Red Onions in small 'cubes', salt, pepper, oil and vinegar. finito.