Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

You guys know your stuff, advice please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey I dont come in here usually cause my questions are stupid and I have no way of answering anyone elses.

But I would like a little adivce please. I have decided to quit smoking weed and Im not quite sure what to do with myself to sleep. I have tried a whole bunch of things but nothing seems to help. I have been smoking for a couple of years everyday now and I was using it to self medicate really. I would smoke if I felt like cutting. I would smoke when I felt anxious or depressed and it would help. I feel all these horrible feelings that overwhelm me so often due to abuse I have suffered in my life from my parent (and I have tried getting help for this, to no avail) and so its rushing back. I have been diagnosed with post traumatic stress and things but just because my Dr has said this to me, it hasnt helped it go away. Im feeling anxious as hell and its horrible and I just want to relax. But I was getting paranoid smoking (I know that sounds dramatic but it wasnt that bad, I just didnt want it to get worse) and now I dont know what to do :S

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey, get up early and exercise, swim, whatever. if this doesnt help straight away, give it a few days. you will soon tire out if, i know it can be hard getting out of bed, but do whatever it takes.

eat fruit and cereal, good food, take vitamins, eat veg, meat. be good to yourself. no junk. do this for a few days, im in a similar boat to you. i've been to docs and told him i want to quit drugs full stop, including smoking and drinking alcohol. i've had enough, especially over christmas things have just pushed my limits.. reckon i'm getting reffered to counciling or something. Good luck and stop self harming, though i guess thats easy for me to say.
    and well done from me on the deciding to do whats good for your body, you may start enjoying life more! hope fully i will too!
    Hey

Yes I guess for me its time to grow up and start living life properly =D

Thanks for the advice, its mostly just common sense stuff but I seem to be having trouble with my common sense of late =D

We will both be OK in the long run cause my motto is 'everythings always ok in the end' lol and if you stick by that then no matter how crappy stuff is, its always OK lol
    Wow you can both do it! and when you have a clear head which u probly think will never happen you will feel like a new person! What happened to you sounds awful, and ive been through so hard times aswell, but you know what keps me going is U can not let them win! pick yourself up and do well in life, acheive what u want and dont let anything get in your way!! things can only make you stronger you just have to keep fighting!! Dont Ever give up!! U Can be the winner in all this! x
    Sleepless nights last a good week or two I found. Not being able to sleep without a crafty spliff was the worst thing forever.

I used to go to the gym to tire myself out. Get up early and try and be as active as possible so come bed time you will sleep easier.

It gets easier, just brave it for those few weeks.:thumb:
    cant believe im reading this thread, im having the exact same problem at this very moment, stopped smoking the stuff a week ago (was ment to stop on new years eve but that didnt go to plan)

so its been a week and havnt really slept good. this has all been good advice
    Must be a common problem lol. Its 2:30am and I cant sleep, I quit smoking about two weeks ago (tho ive smoked three times since). Good advice, im going to try and wake up early and do some exercise, see if that will help get my sleeping habbits to norm.
    why wait till morning?
    did any of you's get mad dreams when you quit smoking? I never had dreams because I was always going to bed stoned, but when i quit for the first two weeks or so i had the most fucked up dreams...some where really scary! But they have stopped now!
    Hello ^^

Hey I havent been on here for a long time! I havent smoked weed in a few months (well a couple of times but not stoned all the time) and I must say I feel so much better in my life. Less panic at silly things, I am happier and calmer and more myself than I have been in years. Im still not sleeping properly but its certianly worth it for how clear I feel in my head! I hope anyone reading thins can stop and learn how wonderful it feels to be clear of it. Even if you want to only smoke it a few times here and there (but only if you can do this without wanting to smoke all the time again). Good luck to everyone!

Also as for insane dreams, I have those most nights, and I still do to be honest. I dont mind it so much though, aside from I never seem to sleep a whole night through without waking up at least once. But its not too much of a problem.