Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

It's that time of the year again...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when I pack my stuff and drive off to good old Tirol for a week of snowboarding :D Ah, I was pining for this week to come. We rented a house for ourselves and will be about 30 people again. It's gonna be a blast.

Do you do any kind of winter sports and if yes, where and when?

See you in a week :)

Comments

• Options
    Not that I know of. I went skiing as a child and hated it, so I've not trie anything since. I'm starting to wonder whether I've sold myself short a bit and think I might give the old skiing/snowboarding another go once I've got a job abd can even contemplate sucht things.

I fancy ice skating too but the closest rink is a fair drive away and costs a bit too, so I can't be arsed.
  • Options
    I love snowboarding! I've been away to Austria and Andorra a few years back but since I started uni I've not been able to afford any trips.

Still try to get in a bit of practice at the indoor snowslope at xscape as much as I can tho :)
  • Options
    I'm supposed to be going on a skiing/snowboarding in December with the boy and some of our friends. I've never been before and I know I'm gonna suck loads.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I'm supposed to be going on a skiing/snowboarding in December with the boy and some of our friends. I've never been before and I know I'm gonna suck loads.

There is nobody I know of who was good from the first time on. The first time IS gonna suck, but you will probably notice improvement at the end of the trip and that let's you look forward to next time!
    student89 wrote: »
    I love snowboarding! I've been away to Austria and Andorra a few years back but since I started uni I've not been able to afford any trips.

Still try to get in a bit of practice at the indoor snowslope at xscape as much as I can tho :)

Andorra! Wow. Austria is pretty good regarding the skiing/snowboarding landscape and has a LOT of quality places to go to, still I've never been boarding abroads but I'd really really fancy to. Imagine you could go board on the Andes in Chile.
  • Options
    Bye! Take lots of pics of snow angels and stuff.
  • Options
    Oh, jealous! I was up the Austrian mountains this time last year and bloody loved it.

I'm on a snowboard ban atm. Apparently pregnancy and risky, high-impact winter sports aren't good bedfellows :(