Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Going out or staying in

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi people.

Im 20 y/o male. i been going out on the town every weekend and during the week sometimes and love it. The feeling of being out, having fun, having a drink (few drugs maybe) talking to some female and bit more with bit luck and charm.

The problem is a few months ago I got a new girlfriend, who is 11 years older than me, and she wants to do all the stuff as above (apart from last line) but I feel as though I cant be bothered now. I would rather stay indoors an watch a film or maybe go to a resturant or even a quiet drink, on our own perhaps.

Is this normal? I keep thinkin i should just go out an enjoy myself but do i really wonna, afterall i got many years ahead of me.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hhmm... I think that, if you don't want to, then you shouldn't be forced to. But if you two are into completly diffrent things, but want to stay together, why not take it in turns? Say, one week you stay in then the next you go out? That way it'll please both of you.
    I think that, because you now have a girlfriend, that maybe going out with all the lads ect. is less apealing. And, yes, it is normal to change your opinions on things.
    Xx
    Maybe it's just because you're getting older. You've found a partner and now no longer want to go out on the town every week because subconciously, you feel you don't need to. You've had your teenage lifestlye, and now you want to grow up.
    Ive started seeing a woman whos 10 years older than me.:D
    Im a bit scared though as shes got 3 kids.....Im not a parent type of guy.:razz:

But yeah,I think whenever you meet someone the want to go out strongly diminishes.
    Broken angle; its not that we dont go out or argue bout not going out an im not being forced to. Dont get me wrong i do like to go out an have a laugh or whatever but someimes i just want a few, for example;

Tonight there is football on tv (tottenham vs leeds replay) and i wonna go to the pub to watch it (which she's fine with) but I know it'll end up a "messy one"

So what i do i do "crack on" as thay say and join in, have a laugh and feel like shit for work tomo or be sensible have a few and be the humbug.

U Just can't win!!

The leaf; Hows that going for u? With the kids I mean. My g.f has a little girl from a previous and that dont bother me at all. As long as her father is ok, which he is.

Canyonero; Thanks for ur advice, I can see what ur saying, just thought i was still bit young but suppose as you say, you feel you don't need to go out all the time

Thanks for the advice ppl. Much appreciated :thumb:
    Well,I havent met the kids mate.
    And.....shes divorcing the dad now!!!
    I've done both intensively and my ultra scientific evidence suggests:

Stay in, buy a box set of your favorite TV series, (two pints? shameless? Life on Mars? Royle family? w/e) get a litre of smirnoff in, 6 litres of coke - have your iPod on standby and fully charged.

Trust me, you are sorted - cheaper than any night in town, no sweatbox clubs, no risk of being mugged or senselessly beaten, no aids risk and most importantly, you have full control of what you want to do - no annoying friends or groupthink to piss up your delightful piss up!
    Haha yh that dont sound too bad as it happens. dunno bout telly tho just the ipod and a deck of cards will do. :thumb: :thumb: