Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hi Tops?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, i've got these nike hi-tops and they are gorgeous! but i never know what to wear with them. Does wearing them with skinny jeans look too scene?

over to you

Comments

• Options
    I would say that whether it looks too scene or not depends on the skinny jeans and the top you put with them. Choose some plain/classic skinnies and a non-scene top and I reckon they'd look cool :)

Something like this maybe (the necklace is perhaps a bit emo but you get what I mean)
  • Options
    I don't know what scene is so I'll have to say no, it looks good to wear high tops with skinny jeans.
  • Options
    I had the coolest high tops a decade or so ago. http://s.ecrater.com/stores/38341/49c41830bf7ff_38341n.jpg

As for what they go with, fuck knows, jeans and a hoodie? But thats what everything goes with in my mind. I just wanted everybody to know how cool I was eons ago :p Does the girl in the picture have her pants tucked into the shoes?
  • Options
    You are still cool!
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I would say that whether it looks too scene or not depends on the skinny jeans and the top you put with them. Choose some plain/classic skinnies and a non-scene top and I reckon they'd look cool :)

Something like this maybe (the necklace is perhaps a bit emo but you get what I mean)

Haha apart from the necklace thats prettty much the outfit i wore last night and the fact the hi-tops i wore were much better (nikes with a gold tick and wee butterflies on them), black skinnies, fairly plain top and a cardi. Weird times lol
  • Options
    Haha apart from the necklace thats prettty much the outfit i wore last night and the fact the hi-tops i wore were much better (nikes with a gold tick and wee butterflies on them), black skinnies, fairly plain top and a cardi. Weird times lol

:thumb: Great minds! Your hi-tops sound cool.
  • Options
    I really really want a pair of high tops! but i can never find any i like :(
  • Options
  • Options
    I want some Nike Hi Tops now.
  • Options
    who cares if it looks emo or scene, its what u think u look good in and what ur comfotable in
    and NAUN try looking on the route one webby, they have aload of guys and i think they have aload of girls as well

I got these hi-tops on order: http://www.routeone.co.uk/Assets/RouteOne/products/4/3/7/43783_p.jpg
  • Options
    I wore nike high tops and leggins the other week and my friend said i looked very bohemian - i'm not sure if she meant that as a compliment or not - i was at a dance class at the time though.

But yes high tops and skinny jeans are great!
  • Options
    I want these now...I well picked the colours :cool: Although these might not be that nice when they are on...
    http://yfrog.com/5a23081658p
  • Options
    emo and scene pulls guys ;)
    They pull emo and scene guys :p. Which is fine if that's what you're after :p.

Incidentally, Manda would love this thread just for the colourful shoes I feel.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

... and who'd say no to one of those!... ;)
    :thumb:
  • Options
    meh, i like my men more masculine than me, and not having to worry that they might steal my clothes
  • Options
    meh, i like my men more masculine than me, and not having to worry that they might steal my clothes

Aye!
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

Incidentally, Manda would love this thread just for the colourful shoes I feel.

They have to be cute colorful shoes, not a colorful version of something zack morris would wear :p For the young'uns http://annmaryliu.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/zack-morris-jimmy-fallon.jpg That boy hasn't changed a bit in 15 years!
    Roos for the win.