Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

This is so hard :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please bear with me. This is something I really didnt want to talk about. But I'm tearing myself up inside because the only person I can talk to.. is the one I'm worrying myself sick about.

The other night my family had a huge fall out and my dad, bags packed, was all ready to leave us. I wasnt involved in the dispute until my mum came in to find me curled up in my room, shaking like a leaf and hardly breathing because I'd had a panic attack. My boyfriend, being the sole reason I love my life, is the only one I could talk to. But in my panic, I had skipped past my knowledge that his family history wasnt great.

He was very quiet with me after that that evening. But I didnt think much of it. But today at school, he was awful. He hardly spoke to anyone and, breaking my heart at the same time, I had to watch him curl up sitting on the wall with his hood up and face hidden, with nothing I could do to comfort him. He has a previous history of depressive spells and I've always been there for him. No matter how hard life has been for me. But I feel like I'm to blame for him being like this today. I thought he would have understood my situation after being there himself. I dont know where he is now and I have no way of contacting him unless he goes online, which in his state, he most likely wont do.

My friends have all been very supportive but I hate putting the pressure on them that they think they have to say or do something. One or two of them know about my boys history so they understand why I'm worrying.

I'm really worried about him. :crying: If anyone has any advice, I'd be extremely grateful xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sorry, I've no advice, but I'm sure your BF would rather you had talked to him about it, even though it was painful for him, than you had kept it from him.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well having been there myself, i know how it feels. Did your dad actually leave?
    Believe me, its not the end of the world. I didnt see my dad for two years after my mum kicked him out and still only see him 3 days a week now, but i love him to bits and know that he really cares about me. If your dad does or has left, dont feel bad about it. You may not see him as much, but its a great way of only being grounded part of the time, my mum grounds me all the time and doesnt tell my dad lol :)
    But anyway, it isnt your fault etc etc, and your dad will still love you no matter what.
    I get why your bf is feeling like that and i if i was you i would talk it through with him. He obv is still very upset about what has happened to him in the past, but what is happening right now is happening to you, so he needs to be there for you. Dont be angry if he isnt, but he should be.
    Hope that helped X :)