Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Underweight & Ecstasy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

Ecstasy will just hit me harder if I am considerably underweight, right? If it's my first time as well, half a pill would probably be better. I mean, I have a really tiny build. I guess I could be honest and say I have struggled with an eating disorder for a couple of years, relapsed twice... I don't know if that is important to mention, but I don't have the best bones and I am only a little worried for my heart but I'm sure other people with that kind of history have taken Ecstasy before. I have bad circulation but that should be fine since your temperature rises anyway.

And after coming down, has anyone who regularly experiences migraines normally find that taking Ecstasy has done anything to make them worse? I get them really bad as is.

Thanks. I know it's hard to say how Ecstasy will effect someone JUST based on weight, but I was hoping someone could tell me something anyway.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes extasy will hit you harder if you are of smaller build but it also depends on metabolism and other things. i would suggest you eat something before taking it though.

I would suggest taking half a pill then if the effects arent enough after 1 hour then take the other half.

I would suggest taking MDMA as apposed to extasy because extasy is usually cut with caffiene which is a known trigger for migraines.

If you are at all unsure about taking a drug then don't do it. you are more likely to have a bad experience if you are worried/paranoid/upset etc. before taking a drug.
    Thanks for your reply. I hope I don't come off as paranoid - I'm really not, I just want to try to avoid getting more of the negative effects or something. If I can, like you said, it's hard to know how it'll effect someone.

And yea, caffeine can be bad for migraines, so good to note.
    I agree with Morphandcoffee on most of that. Although Pills are cut with stuff such as caffiene, MDMA is alot stronger than a pill as its the pure form, so I would keep that in mind.

One of the most important things about these types of drugs, is to be completely comfortable about taking them and the people you take them with.
    What makes you think getting powder makes it purer?
    Eating disorders migraines ...despite the fact you sound very sensible I'd say give it a miss ...rare I say that.
    Eating disorders migraines ...despite the fact you sound very sensible I'd say give it a miss ...rare I say that.

It is too big of a risk then you think? Even with half a pill?
    ionize00 wrote: »
    It is too big of a risk then you think? Even with half a pill?

Are you over the eating disorders ...like really over them ...gotten to the root cause of them?
    My worry for you is triggering these things again.
    I doubt you'd have migraine problems apart maybe from the come down ...but I am concerned about your eating disorders.
    Let me explain something.
    A lot of people think we take drugs to escape reality ...that is only partly true.
    If you have pressing problems ...underlying worries etc ...most drugs are to be avoided as most drugs will exagerate those things and send you crazy ...give you a bad trip.
    Cannabis can be one of the worst for screwing your head up as can lsd and all stimulants. XTC is a stimulant.
    The only drug that really lets you escape it all is heroin.
    Comfortably numb.
    Heoroin cannot really be classed as a recreational drug in all truth.
    It's a very powerful medication and nothing more but ...you want to escape ...heroin is the thing.
    All pain of any kind ...gone ...just for a little while.
    The escape that happens isn't from the reality around you but an escape from the reality within.
    In other words it's an escape from self.

The other drugs are meant to be recreational ...fun ...and they sure can be but ...not when theres an underlying something going on.
    Drugs can make these things much worse ...spark them back into life.

My concern is the eating disorders.
    You sound intelligent ...sensible ...but even intelligent sensible people make wrong choices ...often.

Do a bit of research if your curiosity is driving you down a road.
    Fuck peer pressure.

Think ...research ...stay safe ...stay free.
    Let me explain something.
    A lot of people think we take drugs to escape reality ...that is only partly true.
    If you have pressing problems ...underlying worries etc ...most drugs are to be avoided as most drugs will exagerate those things and send you crazy ...give you a bad trip.
    Cannabis can be one of the worst for screwing your head up as can lsd and all stimulants. XTC is a stimulant.
    The only drug that really lets you escape it all is heroin.
    Comfortably numb.
    Heoroin cannot really be classed as a recreational drug in all truth.
    It's a very powerful medication and nothing more but ...you want to escape ...heroin is the thing.
    All pain of any kind ...gone ...just for a little while.
    The escape that happens isn't from the reality around you but an escape from the reality within.
    In other words it's an escape from self.

The other drugs are meant to be recreational ...fun ...and they sure can be but ...not when theres an underlying something going on.
    Drugs can make these things much worse ...spark them back into life.

My concern is the eating disorders.
    You sound intelligent ...sensible ...but even intelligent sensible people make wrong choices ...often.

Do a bit of research if your curiosity is driving you down a road.
    Fuck peer pressure.

Think ...research ...stay safe ...stay free.

Deep!
    seriously wait, it's going to vanish any time soon, wait till your in better health, get in better health.. my advice is dont take it anyway but if your going to at least wait.. i never listened for my first time, oh well
    Mdma is the pure form of ecstasy, isint it?? I accept that ppl do "cut" it but in reality it is stronger than most pills. Would you not agree?? I think the more you think bout taking it the worst you'll be. When ur out having a good time then i would just take one and enjoy the buzz it gives you.

If you dont like it dont do it again.

But defo worth trying.
    Well, I ended up taking 1 capsule of MDMA and I was pretty out of my head, but it was fun. I liked it and would try it again. It did hit me harder than the people I was with, but I didn't get a migraine or anything. I got some heavy aura when I was coming down (first sign of a migraine) and it was bad, but no pain followed and it went away, which was very nice.

Thanks to everyone who posted.. sorry I didn't reply sooner / individually.
    Well, I ended up taking 1 capsule of MDMA and I was pretty out of my head, but it was fun. I liked it and would try it again. It did hit me harder than the people I was with, but I didn't get a migraine or anything. I got some heavy aura when I was coming down (first sign of a migraine) and it was bad, but no pain followed and it went away, which was very nice.

I'm pleased you had a good time and came out the other side:thumb: :birthday:

sounds like you got some nice clean mandy. nice 1!
    I'm pleased you had a good time and came out the other side:thumb: :birthday:

Thanks for all your help and concern. :)
    I'd avoid taking drugs given the chance. it's nothing new but they are mostly addictive in some way. with cannabis you might like the flavour or the thought of your first spliff of the day it's enough to get you thinking differently. to this day ive never forgotten taking the first E that i rushed on and got bully'd during 'self-expression'. awful.

a normal sociable person is informed on when they first take drugs word gets round. at least when i started i had no grip on anyone after.
    eating cannabis is much more fun than smoking, tastier and plain frigging awesome in my opinion, smokers die young :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit

Through experience I can tell you that Mandy is very rarely cut in the same way something like coke is, simply because it's so easy to recognise.

Pills nowadays are shocking, 99% of them seem to contain no MDMA at all, they're just filled with Pips which get you fucked but are seriously unpleasant.
    Weekender Offender