Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mum thinks i have an eating disorder because i dont like to eat infront of people at school she's convinced me to start eating something small with my sister somewhere away from my friends but if that doesnt work she's saying i might have to see the school counselor or a proper phsyciatrist ! i really dont want to because i HATE eating in front of people im afraid that they'll think im fat because of it but i know im eating enough at home and i have my 5 a day i think im eating healthily but my mum is still concerned.
im just so worried because i dont want to do any of those things im happy with how i am at the moment.
any one got any adavice? :nervous:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there Alexandrahh :wave:

Sorry to hear that you are struggling to eat in front of people and to talk to your mum about this. Have you been able to talk to her? Perhaps if you were able to have a chat with her to reassure her about how much you eat and to raise your own worries about eating in public you could keep this situation under control?

Others might have some helpful advice about talking to parents on tricky subjects like this.
    I'd suggest thinking about it carefully first and try and pick a time when you are both calm - make sure you know what is really important for you to get across to her and perhaps think of a practical way you could reassure her about how you really are eating enough.

Let us know how you get on and if any more advice or info would be helpful :)
    so far ive managed to start eating again. i worked out that i was uncomfotable eating around a certain one of my friends so now i go and eat lunch with another group of people, i dont eat much still (much to my moms upset) but i at least eat something. thing is ive started to drift back to my other friends where i feeel i cant eat lunch and i dont want to hang around with diferent people just so i eat. i cant bring myself to eaat infront of this certain friend though HELP !!!!!!!!!
    Do you know why you can't eat in front of that friend?
    well he's really skinny so i feel as if everytime i eat something he's judging me, he probably isnt but it sure as hell feels like he is.