Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Seating for the special

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Do you ever pay that couple of quid extra to sit in the VIP seats at the cinema? I admit I have before, but can definitely see where Mat's coming from with this rant. :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I booked cinema seats this morning. They were only a pound online and the upgrade was free so I picked the VIP sofas. I had to pay a card handling fee but, I'd have paid that anyway so, I got four tickets to see a movie we all want to see in the best seats for £6.50! w00t w00t.

Never actually paid for an upgrade, though I have sat in the VIP seats without having paid the extra.
  • Options
    the vip seats in our local cinema are just like the regular ones but they have one of those sockets you can put your drink in and are a diff colour fabric.

seats on trains bugs me more!

just the in your face class division really. not even class division. first class- suits and brief cases.

standard- the rest of us.

just seems sad in 2010.
  • Options

seats on trains bugs me more!

just the in your face class division really. not even class division. first class- suits and brief cases.

standard- the rest of us.

just seems sad in 2010.

I travelled first class on a train 2 days ago, its a little more than a regular train ticket and its worth that little extra really, although i did get told off for watching Godzila too loudly on my laptop :(

The thing that annoys me about first class travel etc is that there is a first class section in the first place - why cant they just make the whole train comfortable?
  • Options
    ohhh i hate cinemas that do that! out of the 3 cinemas near me, i only go to the vue one which is the only one that doesnt do VIP seating. at the odeon cinema they do VIP seating and the very first 4 rows at the front are leather and VIP, id be well gutted if i paid extra then had to sit right at the front getting neck ache tilting my head looking at the screen! also its expensive enough to go to the cinema these days without adding an extra £2 to the cost. eeesh.
  • Options
    The thing that annoys me about first class travel etc is that there is a first class section in the first place - why cant they just make the whole train comfortable?

agreeeed! oh no you're one of those people who listen to things way too loudly :p
  • Options
    agreeeed! oh no you're one of those people who listen to things way too loudly :p

Godzilla can never be too loud thank you :yes:
  • Options
    ohhh i hate cinemas that do that! out of the 3 cinemas near me, i only go to the vue one which is the only one that doesnt do VIP seating. at the odeon cinema they do VIP seating and the very first 4 rows at the front are leather and VIP, id be well gutted if i paid extra then had to sit right at the front getting neck ache tilting my head looking at the screen! also its expensive enough to go to the cinema these days without adding an extra £2 to the cost. eeesh.

I'm fussy about cinema seating and hate cinemas where I can't pick my seat in advance or know that there will definitely be a good one. Although, sometimes, a really shitty seat in a really shitty theater with a random bunch of people does ADD to the experience.
  • Options
    We don't have VIP seating in my local cinema (Vue).

First class on a train bugs me as well, and what reeeeally annoys me is when you are talking on your mobile phone and people are tutting and moaning.....get in the quite carriage then! It's 2010!!
  • Options

Cause then ALL the prices would go up, and cheapskates like me who don't care about big seats or free biscuits would be v pissed off.

Can't say such things as VIP cinema seats bother me. Don't want to pay? Don't pay! Can't say I see it as a class thing at all. It's not like there's a big sign on them saying 'upper/middle classes only'.