Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Come Dine With ME

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is one of my fave programs, though there are rarely any recipes I want to steal from it. Just thought I'd tell you that and it's food related.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Haha, I'm watching it NNOOWWW. I love it!
    Did you see the women who tried to win by scoring everyone really low?? She was mean!
    Xx
    I'm watching it now too. How do they not know what an amuse bouche is, do they not ever watch the program they're on?
    I only know what an amuse bouche is from Friends...
    katralla wrote: »
    I'm watching it now too. How do they not know what an amuse bouche is, do they not ever watch the program they're on?

Haha!!

OMG Did you see her house?? She does not need £1000
    Xx
    No, but she won't get it either so... The bathroom was gross, the rest of the house looks lovely though.
    No, but she won't get it either so... The bathroom was gross, the rest of the house looks lovely though.

haha!! It's all a little OTT, her house. I think getting a butler is just not right either!
    Xx
    I dunno, makes for an easier life, though I like the ones where people fuck up majorly and have a paddy, throwing food around their kitchan etc. best.
    ha ha, old money/new money. Well, the plastic toilet seat was a bit much! lol
    Haha!! What's with the tiny glasses??
    Xx
    Really good recipe collectionI foudn btw:

http://foodgawker.com/popular/favorites/

If anyone wants a thesite come dine with me and can make it to York, I'll cook you something up ;) (p.s. I'm not a good cook)
    I remember the one with some Toryesque twat.

Pud was Banana and Orange Surprise.

Banana, peeled and cut in half.
    Orange, peeled and segmented.
    Squirty cream. All prepared on the floor, by the bin.
    Oh man, Where I work we are building right next to the home of someone who was on come dine with me and property ladder - shes a fucking nutter!

Total attention seeker who has been known to run on site in her bikini.

Cracking show though! We did our own version at our flat :D
    i love this show. you do get some proper knobs on it
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I remember the one with some Toryesque twat.

Pud was Banana and Orange Surprise.

Banana, peeled and cut in half.
    Orange, peeled and segmented.
    Squirty cream. All prepared on the floor, by the bin.

This was repeated recently, funny funny funny. And the same week, the guy who did a bond theme and got really drunk. Also, funny funny funny. In fact, any episode where someone gets really drunk.

The lady who fell asleep at one party, who was a cake chef and fucked up her dessert -ha ha.

Another lady who just went home half way through someone's meal, snuck out the back door into a taxi, then fell asleep for her own party and one of the other guests had to cook.

Yes, I watch too much Come Dine...
    I saw the one with a Freemason and a woman who added chilli sauce to his food.

Another lady who just went home half way through someone's meal, snuck out the back door into a taxi, then fell asleep for her own party and one of the other guests had to cook.

Lol i was going to mention that one, i loved it.

I just love the sarcastic guy talking over them. :heart:
    Yeah the show's narrator just makes that programme for me! The things he gets away with are great. And let's be honest most of the people on this show are idiots.

The one thing that cracks me up is the fact that most of these people cook something that they've never ever made before.
    Is it just me or does common sense mean that if you're in it to win it you should really put the practice in first and make sure you're menu is something you know and that you have less chance of cocking up.
    Although yes i realise that that's what makes it good viewing :)
    Carolina wrote: »
    The one thing that cracks me up is the fact that most of these people cook something that they've never ever made before.
    Is it just me or does common sense mean that if you're in it to win it you should really put the practice in first and make sure you're menu is something you know and that you have less chance of cocking up.

Ha, I always think that too. I love CDWM, one of my favourite things to watch on the rare occasions I put the box on.

Oh my god that one was amazing. Didn't she get shit faced and cry at her own party, before falling asleep? And the other guests did the cooking, and it was fajitas made with a packet of old el paso spice mix. Hilarious.

I also liked one where on the first day, the snooty gay guy (there's always one of those) opens the scroll with the menu on and says "judging by this menu, I would say she lives in a council house". Miaow!
    and it's on...