Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Scratched Xbox game.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got a nice new Xbox 360 Elite for Xmas, along with a couple of games.

Loving 'Dragon Age: Origins', then suddenly my foot accidentally taps the Xbox so it moves like an inch. It makes a noise, and the game freezes. I take the game out, and there's a massive scratch all around the disc, and now it won't work.

Are you fucking serious?? That's rediculous...I've done that before with my old Xbox, it left scratch marks but it never fucked up this badly. These games cost like 40 fucking quid! Needless to say I'm fucking pissed off.

Anyway to fix them?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Got a nice new Xbox 360 Elite for Xmas, along with a couple of games.

Loving 'Dragon Age: Origins', then suddenly my foot accidentally taps the Xbox so it moves like an inch. It makes a noise, and the game freezes. I take the game out, and there's a massive scratch all around the disc, and now it won't work.

Are you fucking serious?? That's rediculous...I've done that before with my old Xbox, it left scratch marks but it never fucked up this badly. These games cost like 40 fucking quid! Needless to say I'm fucking pissed off.

Anyway to fix them?

yes, game/blockbuster or any shops like that have disc repairing machines costs bout 3/4 quid and good as new.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The XBOX disc drive is a bit stupid, the disc has some wiggle room and if you move it sideways at all the centrefugal force of the disc spinning tries to keep it in the initial position so it jars against *something* in the machine which puts a big scratch round and round the disc.. I've had the same thing happen to me shortly before the XBOX broke down completely (unrelated event though, don't worry :p)