Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Collegue Issues....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, I work with someone in my current department, Now she is rather Bossy, rude and abrupt and treats everyone like they work for her, even though we are higher levels than her, I am not the only staff member who thinks this but most put up and shut up, however I am sick and tired of being treated like an animal,

Now, I want to do something about this, the problem is my Manager, is her Mother-In-Law,

This causes problems, she got the job on the sly (not interviews etc) and I know there was trouble about it. The Manager has constantly defended and disciplined other employees for this colleagues mistake or if something is done the colleague doesn’t like.

I am hopefully moving departments soon, I do hope so anyway, so it shouldn’t be an issue, but should I put up and shut up? Or go other my managers head. Which doesn’t look too good, I know what they are doing is “wrong” but heck no one cares they can do what they like, also times are tough which means “job loses” could come about.. I do not want to be one of these people of course.

Help please.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    While you should "do something about it", I'd suggest if you are moving, put up with it.
    Big Gay wrote: »
    While you should "do something about it", I'd suggest if you are moving, put up with it.

yeah, I did think as much.
    Well I spoke to my GM and it looks like I do will not be able to move dept till the end of the year, start of the next.

Not sure what to do about this person, I have to spend at least another year or more working with them....
    Failing slapping her, just give her all the rope she needs to hang herself, and dont stop her.

ps I mean that in a metaphorical sense :)
    What about going to your managers manager, or anybody else higher up than her and discussing not only this employee but your managers bias and actions.
    my name wrote: »
    What about going to your managers manager, or anybody else higher up than her and discussing not only this employee but your managers bias and actions.

See, this is the problem though, surely if I did this my manager etc would make my life a living hell?

I think the whole fucking layout is so unprofessional.
    You could ask to make sure that your complaint was confidential so they'd never find out it was from you?