Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay...so I stopped taking my pill at the end of November and I just wondered how long before my periods will actually come back?! :rolleyes:

I had a period about the middle of December but that was only because I had a slight accident with my ex and had to take the MAP, so my period came about 5 days after taking it. Now this month I'm stll waiting for my period to come...is it normal to have a few months after stopping the pill not to have periods?! For once I actually wish it would come :impissed:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Okay...so I stopped taking my pill at the end of November and I just wondered how long before my periods will actually come back?! :rolleyes:

I had a period about the middle of December but that was only because I had a slight accident with my ex and had to take the MAP, so my period came about 5 days after taking it. Now this month I'm stll waiting for my period to come...is it normal to have a few months after stopping the pill not to have periods?! For once I actually wish it would come :impissed:

I think i've read it's like.. 6 months to a year? I've read some women come on 5 days after stopping, and some 3 months and everything after and inbetween!
    Yeah, your body can go a bit haywire. The MAP won't have helped, either. Might just be taking a while for your hormones to even out. First time I came off the pill it took nearly 4 months before I had a period, second time they just restarted, regular as clockwork, so there can be huge variation even in the same person! I also knew someone who didn't have a period for 18 months after stopping.

That said, I would probably consider taking a pregnancy test, just to be on the safe side, as the MAP isn't 100% effective. It that's negative, it's almost certainly just that your hormones are playing silly buggers :)
    Hi Pieces of me :wave: ,

Welcome to the site and I hope you are finding all the information and advice on here useful. You may find it helpful to have a look at the information on The combined pill.
    Keep posting on here and let us know how you are getting on !.

Take Care.
    B:)
    Thanks everyone...I think I will do a test just to put my mind at rest :yes:
    Just a little update....did a test last night and was negative, so most definatly not pregnant and just my body being a bit of an arse after stopping the pill :grump:

I'm pretty relieved tbh as I wouldn't have been able to keep it, not at the moment i'm not ready for babies I'm too immature and selfish if I'm honest!

Now my body just needs to get into gear and sort itself out :impissed: