Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Customs Charges

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I revieved a nice package today in the post but it had a label with a £60 charge on it. Usually you're supposed to get a red card with a demand for the money but the divs have gone and delivered it. The label has "Must not be delivered until paid" or something in big letters on it. Does anyone know where I stand on this? Can I smoke the contents and deny I had a parcel?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've experienced customs tax on 3 occasions now, and on each one, the parcel was held at ransom at a depot until the charges were paid over the phone by credit card. If the thing is now already in your house, then I think you got away lightly! Just double check the label that there isn't a phone number to ring. If there are no contact details, then I don't think you'll be obliged.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If the OP didnt sign for the package, where is the proof that it was delivered. Thats a possible angle that could be taken.