Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

a Good Work Out Dvd ???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello there
okay so 2010 new start all of that
well i always say stuff about a new year and never stick to it so this year i determind to make things happen
one is to get fit, not loose weight just become more active and toned
money is an issue as im not rolling in it but i decided that it would be a good idea to buy one of those work out dvd's, but with so many just out i have no idea which one to buy
any ones that people would suggest ?
price and where i could get it from as well would help

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heya i know what u mean by new year n kinda new start to get a bit more fit :) i love doing workout dvds i have about 10! hehe but the best one i have is the pump it up ministry of sound, the very first one it came out in 2004, so u might have trouble finidng it. i get all of mine from the HMV music stores, or online where there is more of a choice :) i love these one because they are hard and the music is brill to get u motivatied and most of all to enjoy it! :D
    sorry its a short reply, hope its kinda helped :)
    x hannah x
    Thank You Thats Alot Of Help I Will Check It Out
    See If I Can Find It Cheap Online
    Haha
    the pump it up ones are alright.

i did mine the other day. it had me aching afterwards :)
    Davina's DVD's are pretty good...they get you sweating!
    A lot of work out videos are posted on youtube, can't beat free :thumb:
    my name wrote: »
    A lot of work out videos are posted on youtube, can't beat free :thumb:

I Cantt Find Anny Decent Ones On Youtube
    Fancy Leaving Some Links ??
    x
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Davina's DVD's are pretty good...they get you sweating!

OMG! I done one of her workouts on Sunday and I never knew I could sweat so much! But I do recommend it; it's a great DVD
    Apparently the best one at the minute is by that woman who is a personal trainer on the US show The Biggest Loser. Just because she knows what she is on about, its intense though. You can get it on amazon for like just under a tenner.
    Apparently the best one at the minute is by that woman who is a personal trainer on the US show The Biggest Loser. Just because she knows what she is on about, its intense though. You can get it on amazon for like just under a tenner.

Jillian Michaels? :no:

They had it on the exercise channel once and I tried it... I'm not in the best shape but that was easy peasy, you wont even break a sweat and a load of crap too.... you'll build muscle with this... thats why we show us using the same 5lb weight for shoulders as well as quads. She is a bit of a nut too, promoting diet pills and quick fixes.

As for reccomendations on youtube... don't know any, just have heard there are tons on there. Plus typing "workout" into a search comes up with tons of possibilities. ;) I dig this guy for yoga, there might be some on there http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rodney+yee&search_type=&aq=f
    my name wrote: »
    Jillian Michaels? :no:

They had it on the exercise channel once and I tried it... I'm not in the best shape but that was easy peasy, you wont even break a sweat and a load of crap too.... you'll build muscle with this... thats why we show us using the same 5lb weight for shoulders as well as quads. She is a bit of a nut too, promoting diet pills and quick fixes.

hmmm... diet pills and quick fixes?

I'm signed up for her site and I've never come across any suggestions of diet pills or quick fixes. She promotes writing down everything you eat to count your calories to not go too low or too high and has menu items that include stuff like peanut butter, nuts and syrup (in moderation).
    What I've done of her workouts they were a killer, I ached walking two whole days after as my muscles were so monged out. :) It's pretty much resistance training (that you can also do at home) with added stuff to keep your heartrate up. It's somewhat different that most weights programmes I've done in the past but still, anything that makes you squat I'm okay with. :thumb:

I however can't comment on any videos with her, all I've seen is a program. :)

ETA: This spurred me to check her online store and I now see the pills. Didn't know about that. Looks like she wants to be in on the "Detox" fad. ;)
    I do one called Dance it off (with Vicky Binns from Corrie)
    Xx
    What's wrong with good old Mr Motivator? At least he knows what he's doing. I think the z list celebrity ones are just crazy, the weight just goes straight back on them. Find something easy to maintain