Home Work & Volunteering
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Wages of job vacancies

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot 🤖Posts: 8,657 Automated Account
I've been a dole scrounger since October. Every time I look through vacancies, the wage offered is either minimum wage (£5.80/hour) or it's sky high like £35k. All I want is £15-16k because that was what I was on before. Fifteen bloody k - is that too difficult to ask for? Christ, the nat. average wage is £20k and I'm swimming in the same sea as other overqualified degree graduates. Does any other TheSiters want to share my sorrow? :-)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why don't you want to go for a higher paid job??? I'm on £26k and could quite happily apply for a job that pays £35k.

You might not get in, but wouldn't it be great if you managed to land a job that pays £20k a year more than what you think you're worth!
    the national average is a mean average, not a modal or median average.
    The problem with high paid jobs is that a driver's license is compulsary, plus the commute can be 1 or 2 cities away. Just ask any contact wearer what a -26.25 is, and you will find out pretty sharpish that I'm no driving material! I could get a train to my next city but I live half an hour's walk to the train station.

In just 1 sentence, it means that I'm restricted to my town (Stafford).
    Couldn't you move to a nearby town if you got a job there?
    I'm bound to my mortgage until August, but I guess I could sell up and move after then.